Tuesday looks to be the start of a sunny, dry period that will stretch through the week (though there's a chance of a few early showers). WTSP 10Weather predicts a warm day reaching into the low-to-mid 80s, with a promise of cooler weather at week's end.
• It's time for another Republican presidential debate, this time with just eight candidates in the main draw. Donald Trump will be in the center along with Ben Carson. To the right of Trump will be Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush and John Kasich. To the left of Carson will be Ted Cruz, Carly Fiorina and Rand Paul. As always, PolitiFactwill be live fact-checking the debate, which starts at 9 p.m. on Fox News. Follow along with @PolitiFact on Twitter.
• In July, a program launched to help some Florida first-time home buyers with a down payment on their first house. But the source of the funding came from the Hardest Hit Fund, which was designed to help existing homeowners who were struggling. The program outraged some critics, who say the program has been slow and inefficient getting help to homeowners.
• Redistricting is back in the news. This time, the Florida Supreme Court will hear oral arguments for a proposed congressional redistricting map at 2 p.m. While caught up in a state Senate redistricting special session, the Florida House received an earlier reprieve — but the high court is disinclined to shove back the hearing again, saying in all caps: "NO CONTINUANCES WILL BE GRANTED EXCEPT UPON A SHOWING OF EXTREME HARDSHIP." Follow @MaryEllenKlas and check tampabay.com/politics for updates.
• Here are the top things to today, including the Broadway hit Newsies opening at the Straz Center and Mannheim Steamroller getting an early jump on the Christmas mood at the Mahaffey.
• With trendy new ramen restaurants popping up around Tampa Bay, this week's #CookClub recipe looks like a home version you can make in your slow cooker for a busy weeknight.