There is a chance of more showers this afternoon, according to WTSP 10Weather, though the likelihood of rain increases sharply on Wednesday in advance of a cool front. As for today, we should at least be in for cloudy skies and highs in the mid 80s.
• Have you noticed there are a lot of lawyer ads on TV — whether it be John Morgan's "For the People" or James Flynn's "Your Southside Lawyer"? Well, Tampa Bay leads the nation in TV lawyer ads, according to a study discussed this morning in a story from Times business columnist Robert Trigaux.
• Starting at noon, the Florida Senate returns to the Capitol to consider a plan to redraw the state's Senate districts. Follow Times/Herald reporter @MaryEllenKlas for the latest developments.
• Grab your No. 2 pencils. Gov. Rick Scott and the three elected Cabinet members will spend part of Tuesday at "Sunshine school." The four officials agreed to take a two-hour refresher course in Florida's open meeting and public records laws in the wake of a controversy involving the secret dismissal of a top state police official. The course will be given by Assistant Attorney General Pat Gleason, considered an authority on the Sunshine Law. Follow @stevebousquet and check tampabay.com/politics for developments.
• The Pinellas School Board will have a public hearing and vote on the 2016–17 school calendar, which would start classes on Aug. 10 and shorten the summer of 2016. The meeting begins at 5 p.m. at school district headquarters in Largo. Also on the agenda: a new plan to evaluate the nearly 8,000 teachers and administrators who work for the district. Check out tampabay.com/schools Tuesday night to see what happens.
• Here are the top things to see and do today, including the stars of So You Think You Can Dance? at Ruth Eckerd Hall and indie faves JR JR at the State Theatre.
• Halloween is coming. Are you ready? Check out our roundup of events, costume ideas, spooky cocktail recipes and more.
• Beat writers Rick Stroud and Greg Auman talk about the Bucs' disappointing loss at Washington and Sunday's trip to Atlanta in the latest Bucs Cannon Fodder podcast, available this afternoon at tampabay.com/bucs.