The welcome break from the heat continues this morning with morning lows in the upper 60s, mostly cloudy skies and the chance of a brief, isolated shower. High temperatures will reach the mid 80s, according to WTSP 10Weather.
• After he was accused of tampering with Nielsen ratings, Tampa Bay shock jock Bubba the Love Sponge Clem returns to the airwaves on WBRN-FM 98.7 at 6 a.m. He'll hold a news conference after his morning show at 11 a.m. Follow reporter Justine Griffin at @SunBizGriffin for the latest and check tampabay.com/money in the early afternoon for a full report.
• A father-son combo in the state legislature wants to relax state law by allowing anyone who is licensed to carry a concealed weapon to also openly carry that firearm in public. Sen. Don Gaetz, R-Niceville, and his son, Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fort Walton Beach, will have an 8 a.m. press conference at the State Capitol to talk about the legislation before it receives its first hearing before the House Criminal Justice Subcommittee later in the morning. Follow @ByKristenMClark for the latest.
• Bookmark our Soundcheck blog if you want to be the first to know when musical acts announce they are heading our way — like the Tampa Bay Blues Festival (Aaron Neville, Kenny Wayne Shepherd) and the Sunshine Music Festival (Tedeschi Trucks, Indigo Girls). Today, we've got the update on which hot pop acts your teen will be begging to see at this winter's Jingle Ball at Amalie Arena.
• Look for the latest Bucs Cannon Fodder podcast at tampabay.com/bucs this morning with beat writers Rick Stroud and Greg Auman. They'll be discussing the game against the Panthers and looking ahead to Sunday's matchup with Jacksonville.
• Have questions before the Lightning's season opener Thursday? Chat with beat writer Joe Smith between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. at tbtim.es/boltschat.
• Did you read Times staff writer Ayana Stewart's Sunday Perspective piece, "I was a well-adjusted, mostly happy 20-year-old — and then I wasn't"? At 11 a.m., Ayana will discuss her article, her experience and her writing process on Periscope. Tweet your questions for Ayana to @TB_Times.