Showers and storms move onshore this morning, including strong wind gusts and lightning, 10Weather WTSP reports. The rain should dry up by the afternoon. And after our hot streak, highs will only reach the mid-to-upper 70s.
• After Donald Trump's resounding victory in Tuesday's Indiana primary, and Ted Cruz's announcement that he's suspending his campaign, Times Washington bureau chief Alex Leary examines the state of the presidential campaign. Look for his report later today at tampabay.com/politics.
• Ahead of Duke Energy's annual meeting Thursday, Business columnist Robert Trigaux weighs in on five questions facing the company from a Florida perspective. Watch for the column to appear later today at tampabay.com/business
• President Barack Obama visits Flint, Mich., amid a state government scandal over the lead contamination of the city's drinking water. The White House said Obama is responding in part to the request of an 8-year-old girl from Flint who had sought to meet with him in Washington about the water crisis.
• The NATO alliance gets a new supreme commander at a time of escalating tensions with a resurgent Russia, including the recent buzzing of U.S. Navy ships and aircraft in the Baltics. U.S. Army Gen. Curtis Scaparrotti, a former head of U.S. forces in South Korea, replaces U.S. Air Force Gen. Philip Breedlove.
• Here are the top things to do today around Tampa Bay, including the hip-hop group Cypress Hill at Jannus Live and Spamalot at American Stage in the Park.
• "May the Fourth be with you." What started as an inside joke among Star Wars fans has turned into a full-fledged Star Wars Day holiday, an excuse to have parties and spend money on Star Wars collectibles (like we need a special day for that). Here are the parties and deals you can find today.
• Bar review: Tampa has a bar-arcade where you drop in quarters to play Tron, Donkey Kong, Frogger, Galaga, Ms. Pac Man and more. Our Barfly says it's a simple concept, but it works.