Look out for stormy weather today with strong winds, heavy rain and frequent lightning, according to 10Weather WTSP. High temperatures remain in the 90s.
• The threat of the Zika virus ravaging South Florida is real. There is a way to blunt its spread. But in Key West — the gatekeeper of this technology — residents fear the cure more than the disease. Times staff writer Lisa Gartner reports on mutants and misinformation in paradise this morning.
• Donald Trump returns to Florida today for two campaign stops. He plans a town hall at 3 p.m. at Ocean Center in Daytona Beach, followed by a rally at 7 p.m. at the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena. Follow Alex Leary (@learyreports) and Jeremy Wallace (@JeremySWallace) on Twitter for coverage.
• A proposed ferry connecting the downtowns of St. Petersburg and Tampa is up for approval at today's Hillsborough County commission meeting. Commissioners must decide if they want to commit $350,000 to the pilot project. Tampa City Council will vote on it tomorrow. The ferry would run daily between St. Pete and Tampa and if successful, it could become a permanent fixture. Follow Hillsborough County reporter Steve Contorno on Twitter (@scontorno) throughout the meeting for the details.
• From our food editor: Some dining trends we'd like to see catch on here in the Tampa Bay area. From variable portion sizes to affordable build-your-own salads, some of the popular new trends in New York and D.C. would fit right in here.
• Join our weekly photo challenge on Instagram. Each week, our photo editor will give you an assignment and ask you to share your best image inspired by the theme to your Instagram account. This week's theme is #Love. To play along, you should include the hashtags #TBTimesGram + #Love. We'll feature your photos on tampabay.com and on our All Eyes blog.
• Here are the top things to do today around Tampa Bay.