Look out for thunderstorms in the afternoon and early evening hours, similar to storms on Tuesday that saw two teenage beachgoers hospitalized after a lightning strike. 10Weather WTSP says to expect temperatures in the upper 80s to low 90s, as usual.
• Our politics team continues its coverage of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, and PolitiFact continues its fact-checking. Follow along with our live coverage here, and read about one Florida delegate's journey from doubts about Trump to acceptance.
• Garry Marshall knew how to tug at moviegoers' heartstrings, whether with unlikely love in Pretty Woman or sentimental loss in Beaches. But it was goofy, crowd-pleasing comedy that endeared the writer and director to generations of TV viewers in hit sitcoms including Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley and Mork & Mindy. Marshall, who died Tuesday at 81, said in a 1980s interview that humor was his necessary path in life.
• Hillsborough County commissioners will decide today whether to designate each June as LGBT Pride and History Month, a gesture responding to the massacre at a gay Orlando nightclub last month. The proposal from Commissioner Kevin Beckner would also ask the county to commemorate June 12 every year in remembrance of the 49 victims of the Pulse nightclub shooting. Follow along with the decision in our live blog.
• During the busy meeting, commissioners will also decide whether to create a registry for animal abusers who will be barred from adoption. The 2017 budget will be introduced, and they'll debate whether to add fire and rescue services in east Hillsborough. Look for updates throughout the morning on our Bay Buzz blog.
• The Rays play a day game at 3:10 in Colorado. If you want to sneak in an update from work, check out our live blog.
• Ybor City just got cooler as a gourmet popsicle shop already found in St. Pete expands across Tampa Bay.
• Here are the top things to do today around Tampa Bay, including American Stage's production of the true story of British miners who unexpectedly become art-world sensations and Alien Ant Farm performing at Crowbar.