Even though it probably feels like it can't get any hotter, high temperatures this week continue to rise into the mid 90s, with heat indices over 100 degrees. 10Weather WTSP reports there may be a few storms in the mid-afternoon hours, mostly inland.
• The Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority will meet at 9 a.m. and decide whether to award the biggest contract in the agency's history. The $36 million deal with Clearwater's Care Ride LLC could provide up to 2 million individual rides over five years for people with disabilities who cannot use regular bus service. PSTA wants to cut ties with its current provider, Yellow Cab, which has garnered many complaints. Follow Mark Puente on Twitter (@MarkPuente) for updates.
• Pinellas Sheriff Bob Gualtieri, St. Petersburg police Chief Tony Holloway and Clearwater police Chief Dan Slaughter will speak at Suncoast Tiger Bay at noon Wednesday at the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. Follow Zack Sampson on Twitter (@ZackSampson) for updates.
• Join our weekly photo challenge on Instagram! Each week, our photo editor will give you an assignment and ask you to share your best image inspired by the theme to your Instagram account. This week's theme is #thankful. To play along, you should include the hashtags #TBTimesGram and #thankful. We'll feature your photos on live.tampabay.com and on our All Eyes blog.
• Acclaimed chef Edouardo Jordan comes home to Childs Park. He's equipping kids with his secret weapon: smoked paprika.
• Here are the top things to do today around Tampa Bay, including the annual summer return of the Dave Matthews Band, which will be their last major trek to Tampa before going on hiatus for 2017.
• The Bucs report today for training camp. Check out our live Bucs blog for updates today and throughout camp.