It will continue to be hotter than normal during the next couple of days, according to 10Weather WTSP, with highs topping 90. The high humidity will make it feel even hotter as it has in recent days, in part because is likely to be spotty at best.
• We're less than a month away from the Aug. 5 start of the Summer Olympics and Brazil is not ready. Almost all venues are still under construction. The few projects that have been completed don't inspire much confidence. And safety is a big worry: Frequent shootouts near the Olympic arenas and on routes to them have left 76 people hit by stray bullets so far this year; 21 of them have died.
• Hernando Sheriff Al Nienhuis will hold a news conference at 10:30 a.m. to announce that Hernando County has a new, state-of-the-art tool: text-to-911 capability. The Orlando massacre highlighted the need for people to be able to text for help in an emergency, especially if they're trapped and can't make a sound. Hernando is one of the first counties to add that capability in the Tampa Bay area. Follow Josh Solomon on Twitter (@Josh_Solomon15) for updates.
• Here are the top things to do today around Tampa Bay, including Boy George and Culture Club performing in St. Petersburg and Little People toy characters singing at a local mall.
• Have you disovered roti yet? It's a popular Caribbean flaky bread that you rip with your hands and dunk into a curry or use to sop up any extra sauce from your meal. It has found solid footing in the Tampa Bay area via a number of small restaurants owned by folks from places like Trinidad and Guyana. We check out some of the best places and also offer a recipe to make at home.
• Looking for lunch ideas? Food critic Laura Reiley reviews Zaytoon Grill, the Palestinean takeout counter that debuted recently at the edge of the increasingly packed Edge District in St. Petersburg.
• Top Lightning draft pick Brett Howden follows his brother's footsteps to the NHL. Read about the Howdens later this morning at tampabay.com/sports.
• Instagrammers, we want your photos! Our photo team hosts a weekly photo challenge on Instagram. Each week we give you an assignment and you post your best image inspired by the theme to your Instagram account. You must include the hashtag #TBTimesGram. We'll feature your photos on tampabay.com and on our All Eyes blog. This week's assignment: the color yellow. View of a gallery of last week's submitted photos here.