How to help
. For Haiti With Love: forhaitiwithlove.org. (727) 938-3245. Address: P.O. Box 1017, Palm Harbor FL 34682. Monetary donations.
. Haiti's Health: c/o Ernst Vieux Jr. MD, PA, P.O. Box 138, St. Petersburg, FL 33731. Florida corporation EIN # 37-1563177. Monetary donations.
. Haitian Mission Par La Fol is collecting canned goods and money. Drop off: 1727 16th St. S, St. Petersburg. Phone: (727) 823-5394.
. Pinellas Christian Center, 1315 9th Ave. N, St. Petersburg, FL 33705. Phone: (727) 898-2389. The church is collecting the following items:
• Flashlights, batteries and portable radios
• Nonperishable food, baby food, baby formula, powdered milk, peanut butter, peanut butter crackers, energy bars, Pedialyte, Gatorade powder, rice, corn, beans
• Antibacterial wipes, hand sanitizer, Tylenol, aspirin, first aid kits, alcohol swabs, cotton, bandages, gauze, Band-Aids, hydrogen peroxide, antibiotic ointment, etc.
• Clothing for men, women and children including cloth diapers, sanitary napkins, towels, sheets and blankets
• Toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, deodorant, latex gloves, insect repellent containing DEET and shampoo
. St. Matthew's Episcopal Church, 738 Pinellas Point Drive S, St. Petersburg FL 33705. Phone: (727) 866-2187. Accepting monetary donations. Mark "Haiti" on checks.
. Tampa Bay Relief Effort for Haiti is being sponsored by a variety of groups in and outside the Haitian community, including Mango Radio and USF's Club Creole. Nonperishable food, clothing, toiletries, first aid supplies, battery-operated radios, flashlights and batteries can be dropped off today at the University Area Community Resource Center, 14013 N 22nd St., Tampa, from noon to 6 p.m. Contact: Joel Lespinasse of Mango Radio at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mango Radio also has a list of dropoff locations for donations: mymangoradio.com.
. The Haitian Association Foundation of Tampa Bay will hold its regular meeting at 6 p.m. today at the University Area Community Resource Center, 14013 N 22nd St., Tampa. They will discuss relief efforts. Web site: haftb.org.
. University of South Florida: Club Creole has also partnered with the Center for Leadership and Civic Engagement for the next two weeks, through Jan. 28, to collect nonperishable food items, clothing, toiletries and first aid supplies. Boxes are being set up in the Office of Student Organizations, Office of Multicultural Affairs and Center of Leadership Engagement.
. Webb Middle School, 6035 Hanley Road, Tampa. Phone: 813-872-5351. Collecting money, blankets, food, clothing, shoes.
. University Area Community Center, 14015 N 22nd St., Tampa, will collect materials from noon to 8 p.m. today. Nonperishable food, clothing, toiletries, first aid supplies, battery-operated radios, flashlights and batteries are among the needed items.