KITCHEN OPENS AT BREWING COMPANY: Big Storm Brewing Co., an award-winning brewery, has opened a new kitchen at its Pasco County taproom at 2330 Success Drive, Odessa. The menu includes fresh and locally sourced foods, such as avocado chicken chop salad with house-made keylime shandy dressing, or a Cuban sandwich with a touch of caramelized onions. Since its launch in 2012, the brewery has won numerous awards, include Best Florida Beer for its Oktoberfest Marzen Lager.
SENIOR COMMUNITY GRAND OPENING: More than 200 people attended the grand opening of Lennar’s Medley at Mirada on July 13, a new active-adult community in San Antonio. Those attending had the chance to tour model homes and enjoy cooking and aromatherapy demonstrations, as well as wine and cocktail tastings. Lennar’s Medley at Mirada is selling homes to buyers 55 and older. The community’s plans include having Tampa Bay’s third and largest Crystal Lagoon. To catch a glimpse of what the Crystal Lagoon will look like, interested guests were shuttled to the nearby Epperson community to see its completed Metro Lagoon by Crystal Lagoons.
BRIARWINDS COMMUNITY TO OPEN: Lennar announced its newest community in the Lutz area, Briarwinds, on the northwest corner of County Line Road and Cypress Creek Road. Briar2winds is a single-family home community that includes 77 homesites. Homes will be open for sale in August.
GAME CAFE TO OPEN: Your Turn: A Board Game Cafe is expected to open soon at 38430 Fifth St., Zephyrhills. Owners Sarrah Vesselov and Daniel Urdzik’s goal is to create an inclusive environment where gamers and non-gamers can enjoy a board game library of more than 500 games, a selection of food and drinks while playing; a library of gamebooks, fiction, nonfiction and manga to read; maker-space featuring 3D printers, miniature painting classes and other creative activities; and a variety of art, jewelry and other items from recycled board game pieces. A grand opening is schedule for late September/early October. To learn more, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (813) 377-2623.
DOCTORS RECEIVE RECOGNITION: Access Health Care Physicians has announced the following doctors have received recognition under the National Committee for Quality Assurance Patient Centered Medical Home Recognition Program:
• Sindhu Dadlani, MD, and her team at 4949 Sixth St., Zephyrhills
• Zehra Quadri, MD, and her team at 36542 State Road 54, Zephyrhills
• David Herndon, DO, and his team at 5500 Little Road, New Port Richey
• David Sassano, DL, and his team at 13911 Lakeshore Blvd., Suite 107, Hudson
NURSES RECOGNIZED: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point recently honored several nurses:
• Registered nurses Maria Paulter and Julia Wise were named Nurses of the Year at the hospital’s annual Nursing Gala. Paulter has been with the hospital for more than 30 years, with 20 of those years working in the endoscopy department. Wise was a new registered nurse when she was hired at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point in April 2018, works in the cardiac surgical unit, and is the leader for the Practice Standards Council for the hospital.
• Registered Nurse Aida Guardiani received the Excellence in Nursing award at Bayonet Point’s HCA Awards of Distinction celebration. The award recognizes Guardiani’s nursing knowledge and skills, and her compassion and integrity. As a winner, Guardiani received $500, a plaque, a special parking spot for one year and an Excellence in Nursing lapel pin.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• How to Use the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 6, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 12, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 13, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Tax Implications for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 20, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for a 501c3, 5 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 21, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Betty, (727) 807-6760.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O’ Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Linda McFarland at (727) 863-6151.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association: Monday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, Johnny Brusco's, 10730 State Road 54, Trinity. Tuesday After Hours Chapter, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, FlameStone Grill Trinity, 10900 State Road 54, Trinity. Thursday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Thursdays, Giovanni's Fresh Italian Kitchen, 37611 U.S. 19, Palm Harbor. Friday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Each chapter is seat-specific. Contact Maria Johnson, email@example.com or (727) 934-0940. Visit wpba.biz.
• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632. • Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Denny’s, 12105 U.S. 19, Hudson. Call Pete Petrignani at (727) 967-3106.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce’s women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email email@example.com.
Contact Phyllis Day at firstname.lastname@example.org or (352) 848-1408. Follow @pdaytimes.