Counties will also re-draw the commission and school board district boundaries this year.
The Hernando County Commission approved a redistricting plan on Dec. 13 that takes into consideration where most of the announced commission candidates live. Read more here
See the committee's meeting agenda and a PDF of the map.
Read more coverage from the Hernando County Government reporter, Barbara Behrendt.
Pasco commissioners and School Board members gave initial approval on Aug. 16 to new political boundaries that reshuffle the county's population after the last census.
Download the new boundaries.
State Senate seat in Pasco: Proposed new Senate District 11 pits Legg against Simpson
Congressinal seat in Pasco: Redrawing Florida's 5th Congressional District puts west Pasco at an advantage
See more coverage from the Pasco County Government reporter, Lee Logan.
Hillsborough County commissioners voted in April to hire a consultant to help redraw their political boundaries using new population figures from the U.S. census. Hispanic voters also asked for a voice in the process.
See more coverage from the Hillsborough County Government reporter, Bill Varian. Catch up on the commission's activities on the Bay Buzz politics blog.
Because Pinellas didn't have the population gains that other counties did, redistricting had a lower priority than budget debates and other subjects.
- See a map of proposed commission district changes. County officials agreed to make the maps public only after the St. Petersburg Times pressed for them under Florida's open records law.
Other redistricting resources
- Florida House of Representatives websites where you can draw your own districts.
- Florida Senate redistricting site also has a draw-your-own districts tool.
- 2002 redistricting: How were the current districts drawn? Visit this archived site to find out.
State redistricting committees
- Florida House of Representatives Redistricting Committee
- Florida House of Representatives Congressional Redistricting Subcommittee
- Florida House of Representatives House Redistricting Subcommittee
- Florida House of Representatives Senate Redistricting Subcommittee
- Florida Senate Committee on Reapportionment
More politics coverage
- PolitiFact.com: Sorting out the truth in national politics.
- PolitiFact Florida: Fact-finding in Sunshine State politics.
- Florida politics: Recent coverage from the St. Petersburg Times and tampabay.com.
- The Buzz: Political blog of the St. Petersburg Times.
- Naked Politics: Political blog of the Miami Herald.
- Bay Buzz: Local politics from Pinellas, Hillsborough, Pasco and Hernando counties.