New Florida congressional map
The new map was validated by the U.S. Justice Department on May 1. The Florida Senate gave their final seal of approval to the proposed political maps for the next decade and sent them off to the court and governor for review on a 32-5 vote on Feb. 9. The 27-district map has nine districts favoring Democrats, 16 favoring Republicans and two that could swing either way.
Learn more about the map on the Senate site
Current congressional districts
Florida gained two congressional seats with the 2010 census, bringing the state's total to 27. The ideal size for a congressional district is 696,345 people. The map below shows the current 25 districts drawn in 2002. Red districts have less residents than ideal, while green districts have more residents than ideal.
Click on each district to see more details.
Population change key
Problems viewing this map? Please download Firefox for a better browsing experience.
What districts do you live in currently?
Use MyLawmaker to find your current home district. Enter your Florida address into the box below.
Other redistricting resources
- Florida House of Representatives websites where you can draw your own districts.
- Florida Senate redistricting site also has a draw-your-own districts tool.
- 2002 redistricting: How were the current districts drawn? Visit this archived site to find out.
State redistricting committees
- Florida House of Representatives Redistricting Committee
- Florida House of Representatives Congressional Redistricting Subcommittee
- Florida House of Representatives House Redistricting Subcommittee
- Florida House of Representatives Senate Redistricting Subcommittee
- Florida Senate Committee on Reapportionment
More politics coverage
- PolitiFact.com: Sorting out the truth in national politics.
- PolitiFact Florida: Fact-finding in Sunshine State politics.
- Florida politics: Recent coverage from the St. Petersburg Times and tampabay.com.
- The Buzz: Political blog of the St. Petersburg Times.
- Naked Politics: Political blog of the Miami Herald.
- Bay Buzz: Local politics from Pinellas, Hillsborough, Pasco and Hernando counties.