New Florida House map
The new map was validated by the U.S. Justice Department on May 1 after the Florida Senate gave their final seal of approval to the proposed political maps for the next decade and sent them off to the court and governor for review on a 32-5 vote on Feb. 9. The 120-district map has 46 districts that favor Democrats, eight that could go either way and 66 districts that favor Republicans.
Learn more about the map on the Senate site
Current State House Districts
Based on the 2010 census, each of the 120 members of the Florida House will represent about 156,678 people. The map below illustrates how much each old district varies from this ideal number. Red districts are underpopulated, while green districts have more than the ideal number of constituents.
Click on each district to see more details.
Population change key
Problems viewing this map? Please download Firefox for a better browsing experience.
What districts do you live in currently?
Use MyLawmaker to find your current home district. Enter your Florida address into the box below.
Other redistricting resources
- Florida House of Representatives websites where you can draw your own districts.
- Florida Senate redistricting site also has a draw-your-own districts tool.
- 2002 redistricting: How were the current districts drawn? Visit this archived site to find out.
State redistricting committees
- Florida House of Representatives Redistricting Committee
- Florida House of Representatives Congressional Redistricting Subcommittee
- Florida House of Representatives House Redistricting Subcommittee
- Florida House of Representatives Senate Redistricting Subcommittee
- Florida Senate Committee on Reapportionment
More politics coverage
- PolitiFact.com: Sorting out the truth in national politics.
- PolitiFact Florida: Fact-finding in Sunshine State politics.
- Florida politics: Recent coverage from the St. Petersburg Times and tampabay.com.
- The Buzz: Political blog of the St. Petersburg Times.
- Naked Politics: Political blog of the Miami Herald.
- Bay Buzz: Local politics from Pinellas, Hillsborough, Pasco and Hernando counties.