Next game: 7:08 Friday, at Tigers, Comerica Park, Detroit. Probable pitchers: Rays — RH Matt Andriese (2-0, 0.56); Tigers — RH Anibal Sanchez (3-4, 5.91)
Big bang theory
The Rays were quite productive in the three-game series in Toronto, in which they outscored the Blue Jays 31-7:
• Their 44 hits were a team record for a three-game series, and their 34 in the first two were two shy of the club mark for consecutive games (36, May 30-31, 2002 vs. A's).
• Their 31 runs were a record for a three-game road series, and their 25 in the first two were two shy of the club record for consecutive games (27, twice, last April 18-19, 2014 vs. Yankees).
• Their 81 total bases were a team record for a three-game series.
• Their 20 extra-base hits were a team record for a three-game series.
• Their plus-24 differential was a team record for a three-game series.
• They scored 12 or more runs in back-to-back games (13-2 Monday, 12-2 Tuesday) for the first time since Aug. 24-25, 2007 vs. Oakland.
• They scored in each of the first three innings of back-to-back games for the first time in team history.
• They had 17 or more hits in back-to-back games for the third time in team history, first since April 12-13, 2009 at Orioles.
Number of the day
58 Home runs by the Rays after they hit three Wednesday, moving them one ahead of the Orioles for the major-league lead.
Saturday: at Tigers 4:08. Rays — LH Drew Smyly (2-4, 3.44); Tigers — RH Michael Fulmer (2-1, 6.52)
Sunday: at Tigers, 1:08. Rays — RH Chris Archer (3-4, 4.38); Tigers — RH Jordan Zimmermann (6-2, 2.45)
Monday: at Marlins, 7:10. Rays — LH Matt Moore (1-3, 5.09); Marlins — LH Wei-Yin Chen (3-2, 4.22)
Tuesday: at Marlins, 12:10. Rays — RH Jake Odorizzi (1-2, 3.81); Marlins — RH Tom Koehler (2-4, 4.71)
Marc Topkin, Times staff writer