Rays at A's
When/where: 10:05 tonight; O.co Coliseum, Oakland
TV/radio: Sun Sports; 620-AM
Rays: LH Drew Smyly (6-9, 3.93)
A'S: RH Jason Hammel (0-4, 9.53)
On Smyly: Makes his Rays debut after being acquired in David Price trade. Is 2-3, 5.63 over past six starts, allowing .321 average. Is 0-1, 13.50 in four games (one start) vs. A's.
On Hammel: Ex-Ray (2006-08) acquired July 5 from Cubs has yet to win with A's. Is 8-9, 3.87 overall, but 2-6, 6.08 ERA over his past nine starts. Is 1-2, 5.19 in five starts vs. Rays.
Rays VS. HAMMEL
Yunel Escobar 4-for-24
J. Loney 12-for-38, 3 HRs
Ben Zobrist 6-for-12, HR
A'S VS. SMYLY
Alberto Callaspo 2-for-6
Josh Donaldson 3-for-4, HR
Brandon Moss 2-for-5, 2 HRs
Wednesday: at A's, 3:35. Rays — RH Jeremy Hellickson (0-0, 3.29); A's — RH Sonny Gray (12-4, 2.59)
Friday: at Cubs, 4:05. Rays — RH Chris Archer (7-6, 3.42); Cubs — LH Tsuyoshi Wada (1-1, 3.32)
Saturday: at Cubs, 4:05. Rays — RH Jake Odorizzi (7-9, 4.09); Cubs — RH Edwin Jackson (6-11, 5.66)
Sunday: at Cubs, 2:20. Rays — RH Alex Cobb (7-6, 3.54); Cubs — LH Travis Wood (7-9, 5.10)
Rays disabled list
• INF Tim Beckham, 60-day, right knee surgery, eligible to return May 29 (targeting mid August)
• OF David DeJesus, 15-day, left hand fracture, eligible July 3 (targeting mid August)
• C Ryan Hanigan, 15-day, left oblique strain, eligible July 24 (targeting mid August)
• LHP Matt Moore, 60-day, left elbow surgery (April 22), out for the season
• INF Jerry Sands, 15-day, left wrist surgery (July 22) out for season
• OF Wil Myers, 60-day, right wrist fracture, eligible July 30 (targeting mid August)
Marc Topkin. Times staff writer
Quite the pair, part I
RHP Jake McGee and RHP Brad Boxberger are usually two of the quietest Rays but they made a loud statement in their formalwear for Sunday's themed trip — McGee in an orange tux, Boxberger in light blue — channeling characters in Dumb and Dumber, a fav flick for both. McGee said he had the idea since spring training, and asked Boxberger to be his co-conspirator.
Quite the pair, part II
The next best look belonged to the Zobrists, Ben and Julianna. Ben figured he'd never have another opportunity to wear tails and white gloves and use a cane, so he went all out. He said Julianna picked out her outfit, borrowed one of his top hats, and they looked like Dickens characters.