Next game: Friday, vs. Blue Jays, 7:10
Probable pitchers: Rays — RH Chris Archer (5-5, 3.16); Jays — LH Mark Buehrle (10-6, 2.60)
Saturday: vs. Blue Jays, 4:10. Rays — LH David Price (8-7, 3.48); Jays — RH Drew Hutchison (6-7, 3.86)
Sunday: vs. Blue Jays, 1:40. Rays — RH Jake Odorizzi (4-8, 4.10); Jays — LH J.A. Happ (7-5, 4.72)
Monday-Thursday: All-Star break
Friday, July 18: at Twins, 8:10. Rays — TBA; Twins — TBA
Rays disabled list
• INF Tim Beckham, 60-day, right knee surgery, eligible to return May 29 (targeting post-All-Star break)
• OF David DeJesus, left hand fracture, eligible July 3 (targeting late July)
• SS Yunel Escobar, right shoulder soreness, eligible Friday (on target)
• LHP Matt Moore, 60-day, left elbow surgery (April 22), out for the season.
• INF Jerry Sands, 15-day, left wrist strain, eligible July 8 (targeting late July)
• OF Wil Myers, right wrist fracture, eligible June 15 (targeting mid August)
Just because …
Why was Sun Sports' Kelly Nash sporting this look Wednesday? Because she was doing a story on David Price wearing the Batman-style helmet on his drive to the Trop. Price ordered it (helmetdawg.com) to wear when he rides his three-wheel Can-Am motorcycle, but it came in while the bike was in the shop being tricked out, and he was too excited to wait. So Price put it on and drove from his home to the Trop — in his convertible BMW. He also posted a short video you can see at tampabay.com/blogs/rays. "It's the Dark Knight," Price told Nash. "He's the baddest superhero ever."
During a visit to All Children's Hospital with teammate RHP Jake Odorizzi on Wednesday, OF Matt Joyce came across 14-year-old Jose Clemente, who 30 minutes later was going in for a heart transplant. "He had such a good attitude," Joyce said. "They were all really positive. Little things like that really put things in perspective."
Numbers of the day
Pitches by Royals RHP Yordano Ventura clocked at 100 mph
Pitches by Yordano Ventura clocked at 101 mph