Rays at Red Sox
When/where: 7:15 tonight; Fenway Park, Boston
TV/radio: Ch. 13; 620-AM, 680-AM (Spanish)
Rays: RH Jake Odorizzi (2-4, 4.56)
RH Rubby De La Rosa (0-0, 3.18)
On Odorizzi: Has a 1.66 ERA over four starts this month. Is 0-0 with a 1.54 ERA in two starts against Boston, including allowing one run over six innings Sunday.
On De La Rosa: Called up to take injured RHP Clay Buchholz's spot in the rotation to make his first big-league start since 2011 with the Dodgers. Was 2-3 with a 3.04 ERA and 52-23 strikeout/walk ratio at Triple-A Pawtucket.
Rays vs. De La Rosa
Matt Joyce 0-for-1
Wil Myers 1-for-1
Evan Longoria 1-for-1
Red Sox vs. Odorizzi
David Ortiz 1-for-5
Daniel Nava 1-for-5, HR
Dustin Pedroia 2-for-6
Sunday: at Red Sox, 1:35. Rays — LH Erik Bedard (2-3, 4.10) Red Sox — LH Jon Lester (5-6, 3.45)
Rays disabled list
• INF Tim Beckham, knee surgery, eligible to return April 14 (targeting post-All-Star break)
• OF Brandon Guyer, broken left thumb, eligible to return June 10 (targeting mid June/late June)
• C Randy Hanigan, right hamstring, eligible to return June 11 (targeting June 11)
• RHP Jeremy Hellickson, right elbow surgery, eligible to return April 14 (targeting late June/early July)
• LHP Matt Moore, left elbow soreness, eligible to return April 23 (had surgery April 22, out for the season)
The Rays will celebrate soon-to-be local Hall of Famers this summer. Tampa native Tony La Russa (right) will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before the June 11 game against the Cardinals, whom he managed from 1996-2011. Former Bucs linebacker Derrick Brooks will do the honors before the July 27 game against the Red Sox. And retiring Jefferson High baseball coach Pop Cuesta will do so before the Aug. 15 game against the Yankees.
Sending their love
The Rays and Red Sox continued their music gamesmanship Friday. A few years ago, Boston started giving the Rays the silent treatment during batting practice, and the Rays followed suit. On Friday, Fenway Park piped in children's songs as the Rays took fielding practice, including John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt and Barney's I Love You. The Red Sox also played Feel the Heat, which the Rays often play at home games.
Number of the day
Consecutive days the Rays have made a roster move; Friday, they activated 2B/RF Ben Zobrist from the disabled list.