Rays vs. Cardinals
When/where: 7:10 tonight; Tropicana Field
TV/radio: Sun Sports; 620-AM, 680-AM (Spanish)
Tickets: $18-$275, available at Tropicana Field box office, Ticketmaster, raysbaseball.com, team Tampa store; $3 surcharge within five hours of game time.
Rays: LH Erik Bedard (3-4, 3.61)
Cardinals: RH Michael Wacha (4-4, 2.61)
On Bedard: Snapped the Rays' 10-game losing streak in his last start, 4-0 over Seattle. Has allowed one or fewer runs in six of his past eight starts. Is 2-3 with a 5.60 ERA against St. Louis.
On Wacha: Hasn't allowed more than three runs in any of his 13 starts this season. Entered Tuesday 10th in the NL in strikeouts (76) and ERA (2.61). Has never faced the Rays.
Rays vs. Wacha
David DeJesus 0-for-2
Ryan Hanigan 1-for-4
Cardinals vs. Bedard
Allen Craig5-for-12, 2 HR
Matt Holiday 9-for-23
Yadier Molina 6-for-11, 2 HR
Friday: at Houston, 8:10. Rays — RH Alex Cobb (1-4, 4.39); Astros — TBA
Saturday: at Houston, 4:10. Rays — RH Chris Archer (3-3, 3.42); Astros — TBA
Sunday: at Houston, 2:10. Rays — LH David Price (4-6, 3.97); Astros — TBA
Rays disabled list
• INF Tim Beckham, knee surgery, eligible to return May 29 (targeting post-All-Star break)
• OF Brandon Guyer, broken left thumb, eligible to return Tuesday (targeting mid/late June)
• C Ryan Hanigan, right hamstring, eligible to return today (targeting today)
• RHP Jeremy Hellickson, right elbow surgery, eligible to return April 14 (targeting June 27)
• LHP Matt Moore, left elbow surgery, eligible to return April 22 (out for the season)
• OF Wil Myers, right wrist sprain, eligible to return June 15 (targeting early August)
La Russa homecoming
Tampa native Tony La Russa will throw out the first pitch at tonight's game. La Russa managed the Cardinals from 1996-2011. The three-time World Series champion will be enshrined into the Hall of Fame next month.
3B Evan Longoria visited the Seminole Heights Library to read to a group of children Tuesday to promote the Reading with the Rays initiative.
Stat of the day
The Rays have only 10 hits over their past 101 at-bats with runners in scoring position (.099 average). They went 0-for-5 on Tuesday night.