Rays vs. Mariners
When/where: 1:10 today; Tropicana Field
TV/radio: MLB; 620-AM, 680-AM (Spanish)
Tickets: $11-$200, available at Tropicana Field box office, Ticketmaster, raysbaseball.com, team Tampa store; $3 surcharge within 5 hours of game time.
Promotion: T-shirt and K Card with District K-9 ticket purchase
Rays: LH David Price (4-5, 4.03)
mariners: RH Erasmo Ramirez (1-4, 6.82)
On Price: Leads the majors with a 11.2 strikeout-walk ratio. Has thrown a majors-best 72.1 percent of his first pitches for strikes. Beat Seattle 2-1 with a complete game last month.
On Ramirez: Is 0-4 with a 7.96 ERA in his past six major-league starts. Has given up nine home runs in 33 innings. Is 1-0 in three games against the Rays.
Rays vs. Ramirez
Yunel Escobar 3-for-5
Ben Zobrist 4-for-7, 2 HR
Evan Longoria 1-for-5
Mariners vs. Price
Robinson Cano 17-for-61, HR
Dustin Ackley 2-for-5
Willie Bloomquist 0-for-5
Tuesday: vs. Cardinals, 7:10. Rays — RH Jake Odorizzi (2-6, 5.31); Cardinals — RH Adam Wainwright (8-3, 2.31)
Wednesday: vs. Cardinals, 7:10. Rays — LH Erik Bedard (3-4, 3.61); Cardinals — RH Michael Wacha (4-4, 2.61)
Rays disabled list
• INF Tim Beckham, 60-day, knee surgery, eligible to return May 29 (targeting post-All-Star break)
• OF Brandon Guyer, broken left thumb, eligible to return June 10 (targeting mid-/late-June)
• C Ryan Hanigan, right hamstring, eligible to return June 11.
• RHP Jeremy Hellickson, right elbow surgery, eligible to return April 14 (targeting late June)
• LHP Matt Moore, 60-day, left elbow surgery (April 22), out for the season.
* OF Wil Myers, slight right wrist stress fracture, eligible to return June 15 (targeting early August)
LHP David Price entered Sunday tied for the major-league lead with 101 strikeouts and leading with 98 hits allowed. The last pitcher to lead the majors in both was Detroit's Mickey Lolich in 1971.
Zim tribute continues
The Rays began wearing a "ZIM" patch on their right sleeves to honor senior adviser Don Zimmer, who died last week at age 83. The only other such patch the Rays have worn was one commemorating their 10th anniversary in 2007.
Quote of the day
"You could back the mound up when he pitches."
1B James Loney, on facing Mariners RHP Felix Hernandez, whose 15 strikeouts Sunday matched the most ever at Tropicana Field