Next game: 7:10 p.m. Friday, vs. Yankees, Tropicana Field. Probable pitchers: Rays — RH Jake Odorizzi (4-5, 4.10) Yankees — RH Ivan Nova (7-5, 4.65)
Quote of the day
"I was kind of mad they didn't have any beer for me, but I'll just have to drink that on the plane I guess."
1B Logan Morrison, after flipping into the stands in successful pursuit of a foul ball.
LHP Matt Moore's solid outing gave the Rays a streak of eight quality starts — six or more innings, three or fewer earned runs. That is their longest such streak since Aug. 6-16, 2014, when they ran off 10 straight.
About Tuesday night
RHP Chris Archer had what may have been his best start of the season, allowing three runs (one earned) in seven strong innings, though making an error that led to two runs in the 3-2 defeat to the Dodgers. That marked the fifth time in the past three seasons Archer has lost while working seven or more innings and allowing one or no earned runs. No pitcher in the majors has had more tough losses in that span, and only RHP James Shields has had as many in Rays history.
Saturday: vs. Yankees, 6:10. Rays — LH Drew Smyly (2-11, 5.42); Yankees — RH Nathan Eovaldi (9-6, 4.80)
Sunday: vs. Yankees, 1:10. Rays — LH Blake Snell (2-4, 3.05); Yankees — RH Michael Pineda (5-9, 5.00)
Monday: vs. Royals, 7:10. Rays — RH Chris Archer (5-14, 4.42); Royals — TBA
Tuesday: vs. Royals, 7:10. Rays — LH Matt Moore (6-7, 4.31); Royals — TBA
Wednesday: vs. Royals, 7:10. Rays — RH Jake Odorizzi (4-5, 4.10); Royals — TBA
Rays disabled list
• RHP Brad Boxberger, left oblique strain, eligible June 16, on rehab, targeting this weekend
• RHP Alex Cobb, Tommy John surgery, 60-day, eligible June 2, targeting late August
• OF Desmond Jennings, left hamstring strain, eligible July 16, targeting next week
• OF Mikie Mahtook, left hand fracture, eligible July 6, targeting mid August
• RHP Chase Whitley, Tommy John surgery, 60-day, eligible June 2, targeting mid August