Tonight: at Red Sox
7:10, Fenway Park, Boston
TV/radio: Fox Sports Sun; 620-AM, 680-AM (Spanish)
Rays: RH Chris Archer (4-11, 4.50)
Red Sox: RH Sean O'Sullivan (2-0, 6.61)
On Archer: Has 127 strikeouts and 11 losses before All-Star break, a total not matched in majors since Joe Niekro (138, 11) in 1977. Is 1-8 all time vs. Sox, including 0-2, 7.32 ERA in four starts at Fenway.
On O'Sullivan: Well-traveled pitcher has four starts for Sox this season and team has won all four. Is 0-0 with 5.06 ERA in two career starts against Rays.
Rays vs. O'Sullivan
Red Sox vs. Archer
Mookie Betts4-for-16, 2 HR
David Ortiz12-for-32, 2 HR
Hanley Ramirez 3-for-7
Travis Shaw3-for-7, HR
The Rays play their 3,000th game in franchise history tonight. They are 1,386-1,613. They lost No. 1,000 on May 9, 2004, at Anaheim (8-4) and won No. 2,000 on June 9, 2010, vs. Blue Jays (10-1).
Rays disabled list
• RHP Brad Boxberger, left oblique strain, eligible June 16, targeting late July
• RHP Alex Cobb, Tommy John surgery, 60-day, eligible June 2, targeting late July
• OF Desmond Jennings, left hamstring strain, eligible July 16, targeting late July
• OF Kevin Kiermaier, left hand fracture, eligible June 6, targeting late July
• OF Mikie Mahtook, left hand fracture, eligible July 6, targeting August
• INF Steve Pearce, right hamstring strain, eligible July 6, targeting late July
• RHP Chase Whitley, Tommy John surgery, 60-day, eligible June 2, targeting early August