Rays at Astros
When/where: 8:10 tonight; Minute Maid Park, Houston
TV/radio: Sun Sports; 620-AM, 680-AM (Spanish)
Rays: RH Alex Cobb (1-4, 4.39)
astros: RH Collin McHugh (4-3, 2.82)
On Cobb: Only win came April 12 in a 1-0 victory over the Reds. Allowed seven runs and 10 hits in only 4⅓ innings in his last start. Has never faced Houston.
On McHugh: Finger blister in last start led to five walks and three runs in 41/3 innings. Had allowed only two runs in his last three starts before that. Has never faced the Rays.
Rays vs. McHugh
David DeJesus 1-for-1
astros vs. Cobb
Chris Carter 1-for-5
Dexter Fowler 0-for-4
Saturday: at Houston, 4:10. Rays — RH Chris Archer (3-3, 3.42); Astros — RH Jarred Cosart (5-5, 4.19)
Sunday: at Houston, 2:10. Rays — LH David Price (4-6, 3.97); Astros — RH Brad Peacock (2-4, 4.50)
Monday: vs. Orioles, 7:10. Rays — RH Jake Odorizzi (2-7, 4.85); Orioles — LH Wei-Yin Chen (6-2, 4.13)
Rays disabled list
• INF Tim Beckham, 60-day, knee surgery, eligible to return May 29 (targeting post-All-Star break)
• OF Brandon Guyer, broken left thumb, eligible to return June 10 (targeting mid to late June)
• RHP Jeremy Hellickson, right elbow surgery, eligible to return April 14 (targeting late June)
• LHP Matt Moore, 60-day, left elbow surgery (April 22), out for the season.
• OF Wil Myers, slight right wrist stress fracture, eligible to return June 15 (targeting early August)
Matt Baker, Times staff writer
Quote of the day
"Sure there's hope. We've got to be able to turn it around, whether or not it's to get to the playoffs, or just to save face."
LHP David Price, on the season thus far
The best kind of walk
Rays players and wives and girlfriends will again walk the walk June 25 for the ninth annual Rays on the Runway fashion show benefitting the Children's Dream Fund. The event, set for 6:30 p.m. at the Renaissance Vinoy Resort, includes cocktails, hors d'oeuvres, and a meet-and-greet; tickets are $250 and $125, available via childrensdreamfund.org, or calling (727) 896-6390. The Fund works with seriously ill children to make their dreams come true.
Double-take numbers of day
Double plays grounded into by the Rays, second most in the majors.
Double plays turned by the Rays, fewest in the majors.