ST. PETERSBURG — Unless there is a dramatic change in the weather, tonight's Angels-Rays game will be played as scheduled.
"We will continue to monitor the storm and its progress," Rays president Matt Silverman said at 7 p.m. Monday. "We will continue to consult with government agencies as well as the Angels and the league. If the storm continues its current track and the road conditions are safe, we will play the game as currently planned."
If that situation changes, a decision would be made by early afternoon, Silverman said, and they would plan on playing a doubleheader Wednesday. Four games at Tropicana Field have been canceled due to weather.
"The safety of our players and of our fans comes first," Silverman said.
The Angels, who considered leaving St. Petersburg after Monday's game if conditions worsened, are going to ride it out at the Renaissance Vinoy hotel. "Hopefully, the cable stays on," manager Mike Scioscia said. "If we lose cable, guys are going to be upset."