Must-see and meh time frames Saturday: Noon, although the entire slate is loaded. Settle in for a long day on the couch.
Noon: No. 7 Penn State will try to rebound from last week’s collapse to Ohio State by traveling to No. 24 Michigan State.
3:30: No. 20 North Carolina State has started to slip but could still knock off No. 6 Clemson.
4: Winner of No. 8 Oklahoma at No. 11 Oklahoma State becomes the Big 12 frontrunner.
8: The Coastal Division will likely be decided when No. 9 Miami hosts No. 13 Virginia Tech.
10:45: The Pac-12 after dark matchup between No. 23 Arizona and No. 17 USC should be a blast.
5. Arizona QB Khalil Tate: We’ll find out whether his 840 rushing yards in October were a flash in the pan or the start of something big.
4. Notre Dame RB Josh Adams: The only player in two-plus decades to rush for a touchdown of at least 70 yards in four consecutive games.
3. Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield: Needs a big Bedlam game to boost his odds.
2. Stanford RB Bryce Love: If he misses a second straight game with an ankle injury, his chances probably disappear.
1. Penn State RB Saquon Barkley: Even in a subpar loss to Ohio State, he scored twice, and he still leads the nation with 206 all-purpose yards per game.
Eye on the NFL draft
Clemson WR Deon Cain (Tampa Bay Tech) showed up on early first-round mock drafts before a quiet junior season (28 catches, three touchdowns). But North Carolina State will give him chances to break off some big plays. The Wolfpack has allowed 15 passes of at least 30 yards (No. 105 nationally).
How the Bedlam quarterbacks fare in Saturday’s Big 12 duel in Stillwater:
Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield
23 TDs, 3 INTs
195.62 rating (No. 2 nationally)
70.2 completion percentage
34 consecutive games with a touchdown pass
Oklahoma State QB Mason Rudolph
2,866 yards (No. 1 nationally)
22 TDs, 5 INTs
77 TD passes
11,580 passing yards