Must-see and meh time frames Saturday for college football:
Lamest time window: None. Get your remote ready for a busy day.
Noon: One top-five team will get a scare, whether it's No. 2 Clemson (hosting plucky Wake Forest), No. 3 Oklahoma (against much-improved Iowa State) or No. 4 Penn State (at tricky Northwestern).
3:30: Take your pick between a top-25 showdown (West Virginia-TCU), the historic Miami-Florida State rivalry or the growing one between LSU and No. 21 Florida.
7:30: If No. 7 Michigan continues to look vulnerable, the rival Spartans will capitalize.
8: No. 11 Washington State follows last week's Friday night win over USC with a trip to play Willie Taggart's Ducks.
5. Washington QB Luke Falk: Not just a system quarterback; he outplayed future first-round pick Sam Darnold last week.
4. Louisville QB Lamar Jackson: Entered the week second nationally in total yards (2,073).
3. Stanford RB Bryce Love: Christian Who? Love has already rushed for 1,088 yards — 265 more than anyone else in the country.
2. Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield: If Iowa QB Nathan Stanley can pass for 333 yards and five touchdowns on Iowa State, Mayfield should light up the Cyclones.
1. Penn State RB Saquon Barkley: Has already scored a touchdown by pass, kickoff return, rush and catch — all in five games.
Eye on the NFL draft
Florida State's maligned defense still has two first-round picks in the secondary — CB Tarvarus McFadden and S Derwin James. Saturday is a chance to prove it by shutting down Miami sophomore WR Ahmmon Richards, who will be a name to watch on 2019 draft boards.
Monica Herndon | Times
No. 8 TCU and No. 23 West Virginia both have top-five scoring offenses. The Horned Frogs have the better defense, which means the pressure will be on Mountaineers QB Will Grier. He has passed for at least 300 yards in every game this season — something he never did at UF. In three career starts against ranked opponents, Grier has nine touchdown passes and two interceptions. He might need four or five touchdowns today to keep up in a shootout.