5. USC RB Ronald Jones: QB Sam Darnold isn't the only Trojans star, and Jones could be in for a big day against a below-average Texas run defense.
4. Penn State RB Saquon Barkley: Should be able to pad his stats (359 yards from scrimmage, four touchdowns) against lowly Georgia State.
3. UCLA QB Josh Rosen: Living up to his five-star billing (again) with nine touchdowns and no interceptions.
2. Louisville QB Lamar Jackson: Putting up 1,010 yards of offense and eight touchdowns is a great start. A win over No. 3 Clemson would vault him to the top.
1. Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield: Set an NCAA single-season record in pass efficiency last season (196.39). Through two games, including one at Ohio State, he's doing even better (228.84).
Octavio Jones | Times
State of Florida career rushing yards by a quarterback
1. Tim Tebow, Florida (2006-09): 2,947
2. Quinton Flowers, USF (2014-present): 2,731
USF career rushing touchdowns
1. Marlon Mack (2014-16): 32
2. Quinton Flowers (2014-present): 31
Eye on the NFL draft
TCU's defense has finally returned to what you'd expect under coach Gary Patterson, which means Saturday will be one of the biggest challenges of the season for SMU WR Courtland Sutton. The first-round prospect faces a Horned Frogs pass defense ranked in the top 20 nationally in yards per attempt, opponent passer rating and completion percentage.