Tributes to Selmon
USF plans to honor former athletic director Lee Roy Selmon, who died Sunday, beginning tonight and throughout the season:
• The football team will wear a No. 63 decal on its helmets for every game.
• All 19 USF teams will wear the initials LRS on uniforms throughout the school year.
• The university has created a No. 63 flag that the football team and spirit squads will carry onto the field for all games.
• No. 63 will be painted on the field in two locations for tonight's football game against Ball State.
• About 40,000 No. 63/Lee Roy Selmon decals will be distributed to fans tonight.
• Tonight's souvenir program will feature Selmon on the cover and in a special insert.
• Tonight's game will have a moment of silence and a video tribute.
• USF, the Bucs and Tampa Sports Authority have designated a space at Raymond James Stadium for a temporary memorial. People wishing to leave tributes can place flowers, cards or remembrances on the tree-shaded mound in the middle of the mass transit dropoff turnaround on Dale Mabry Highway.