Pinellas County's USTA Senior Combo Leagues wrapped up recently, and three teams will advance to the state sectional championships in Daytona Beach on Jan. 21-23. Countryside Country Club won the 6.5 flight. McMullen Tennis Center in Clearwater won the 7.5 flight and Seminole Lake Country Club won the 8.5 flight.
Seminole Lake's 8.5 team is made up of 4.5 team members Tony Ruggiero (captain), Tom Grayson, Brett Hayman, Randy Meisner, Fred Guerrrier and Glenn Joyner. The 4.0 members are Mike Carrigan, Bill Foubister, Jeff Lash, Jerry Robinson, Terry Reeb and Clark Higgs.
Countryside's 6.5 team is made up of Barry Wood (captain), Dave Buell, Kyle Duncan, Dennis Bianco, David John, Rich Boderek, Jim Jowlett, Kevin Marsar, Tim Tuttle and Chris Likely.
McMullen's 7.5 team is Franek Gajdeczka, Rob Schramm, Stu Nussbaum, Clark Higgs, Dave King, Claude Brenco, Sten Tallarida (captain), Conrad Berhorster, Wendall Walker, Dave Winoker, Greg Glowacki, Dave Parris, Gene Chabot and Minh Nuygen. McMullen's team was 9-0 on the season, with 22 out of 27 individual matches won.
The latest Largo Golf Course biweekly 18-hole scramble was held Saturday, Nov. 20. The scramble, which is open to the public, had a total of nine teams (36 players). The team of Dave Nagy (St. Petersburg), Bobby Byrne (St. Petersburg), Peggy Bingham (Largo) and Larry Bates (St. Petersburg) won the event with a score of 48 (14 under par).
• The Cypress Run Women's Golf Association held a member/member tournament on Nov. 9 and 16. The overall low gross winner was Dean Laferriere, who shot 159. The overall low net winners were Shirley Newton and Tricia Ritthaler, who shot an average of 122.5.
• The Tides Women's Golf Association in Seminole held a nine-hole event on Nov. 16. The overall winner was Marilyn Barber, who shot 28. The Flight A winner was Carol Johnson, who shot 31. The Flight B winner was Bettye Raye Crane, who shot 32.
• The SLAPS Golf Association held a tournament at Belleview Biltmore on Nov. 15. The low net player was Janet White of Dunedin, who shot 66. The low gross winners were Joanne Domson of Belleair and Pat Eastmen of Clearwater, who shot 93s. The A Flight net winner was Irene Hilt of Seminole, who shot 80.
The Seminole Lake Tennis Center Turkey Bowl Super Series was held on Nov. 20-22. The boys 18 singles winner was Oliver Benneweis-Pramming, the 16 winner was Renan Samed, the 14 winner was Ilya Polonskiy, the 12 winner was Peter Litsky and the 10 winner was Asher King. The girls 18 singles champ was Veronika Zavodska, the 16 winner was Star Makarome, the 14 winner was Akshara Iska, the 12 winner was Ava Sowell and the 10 winner was Sanyukta Gawande.
The Tampa Bay Turners competed in the Level 2 and 3 state championships on Nov. 21-22 in Daytona Beach. The Level 3 team earned a state championship. Winners were Ava Abrahams (beam, floor), McKenna O'Reilly (bars, all-around), Nellie Rettig (bars), Emily Boyd (bars), Mackenna Kunitzer (vault, bars, beam, floor, all-around) and Sarah Mixson (vault, bars, floor, all-around). Level 2 winners were Jessy Harless (bars, floor, all-around), Katie McKyton (bars), Juliette Vanneste (vault, beam, all-around), Hannah Anderson (bars, beam, all-around), Anabelle Swan (beam), Lauren Brady (vault), Ansley Fine (bars, floor, all-around) and Olivia Rawls (vault, bars, all-around).
• LaFleur's Gymnastics of Largo competed in the Wheel of Fortune Tournament on Nov. 20-21. Level 5 winners were Maia Collins (beam), Jordyn Condreay (beam, floor, all-around), Alexandria Haggar (vault), Krista Marrocco (floor), Madison McBroom (vault, bars, all-around), Kendal Mierz (vault, floor), Michaela Newman (floor), Gabrielle Ondich (bars, beam, floor, all-around), Shelby Payne (floor), Eleni Psaltis (vault, beam, all-around), Katelyn Puttick (vault, bars, all-around), Sydney Shannon (vault), Alexis Smith (bars), Madison Swenson (bars) and Savannah Taylor (vault, bars, all-around). Level 4 winners were Rylee Andrews (vault), Katie Brantley (vault), Caitlin Fruit (bars), Brooke Gephart (beam, floor, all-around), Sydney Gray (bars), Allison Hollaway (floor), Rhiannon Iannotti (vault), Kendall LaPlante (vault, all-around), Carina Lumia (bars, floor, all-around), Katie Maloney (beam), Mahlon McGriff (vault) and Tatiana Ortiz (bars, floor, all-around). Level 3 AAU winners were Lilly Kudelko (bars, beam, floor, all-around), Peyton Mondello (vault), Madison Pate (vault), Maxine Perdigao (vault, bars, beam, all-around) and Jacqueline Vincent (floor). Level 4 AAU winner was Savanna Pendergraft (floor).
Sarah Sosnicki of Clearwater competed in the State Soccer Skills Championship in Kissimmee on Nov. 13. Sosnicki, an eighth-grader at Carwise Middle School, won the skills challenge for her age bracket.
Walter Ford, 90, bowled a 211 recently and a 590 series at Sunrise Lanes. Also, Mike Pittman bowled a 300 in the youth/adult league.
• The high school bowling league concluded its season. Boys varsity champions were Seminole High (Nicholas Borries, Jason Acevedo, Mitch Roth, Matthew Hutchins, Kristian Sieradzki and Brandon Lownsbury). Girls varsity champs were Pinellas Park (Brittany and Brooke Manulkin, Eleni Stemberger and Courtney Lima).
• The 57th St. Petersburg Women's Classic was held over three weekends. The first-place team was Dottie Ceurter, Sandi Delmore, Peggy Calyer and Pat Peters, who had a score of 2916. Doubles champs were Sue Covington and Sandra Banks, who rolled a 1525. Singles champ was Tamara Drayton, who had an 820 series. And the all-events champ was Veronica Minotti, who had a score of 2252.