NEW YORK — Panthers quarterback Cam Newton was fined $9,115 for taunting Falcons linebacker Deion Jones, who avoided a fine for his helmet-to-helmet hit on Newton on a two-point conversion later that knocked Newton from Sunday's game with a concussion.
Panthers right guard Trai Turner was fined $24,309 for verbally abusing an official who didn't flag Jones for the hit, which the NFL deemed legal.
Newton hasn't practiced this week and isn't expected to play against the Bucs on Monday.
Other fines Friday:
• Broncos linebacker Todd Davis, $18,321 for a horse-collar tackle against the Bucs.
• Giants receiver Odell Beckham, $24,309 for taunting in a loss at Minnesota on Monday night.
• Redskins cornerback Josh Norman, $9,115 for pantomiming a bow and arrow after an interception against the Browns. Cleveland receiver Terrell Pryor was fined the same amount for using the football as a prop.
• Seahawks defensive end Cassius Marsh, $18,231 for hitting Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick in the face mask with his face mask. On the next play, Jets guard Brian Winters was called for unnecessary roughness for head-butting defensive end Michael Bennett. Winters, who got a concussion, was fined $24,309. Jets safety Calvin Pryor was fined $24,309 for an illegal hit on receiver Doug Baldwin.
• Colts linebacker Curt Maggitt was fined $9,115 for a late hit on the quarterback against the Jaguars. … Titans center Ben Jones, $9,115 for taunting. … Raiders guard Gabe Jackson, $9,115 for unnecessary roughness. … Ravens receiver Mike Wallace, $9,115 for unnecessary roughness and taunting.