Make us your home page

Get the quickest, smartest news, analysis and photos from the Bucs game emailed to you shortly after the final whistle.

(View our Privacy Policy)

Tampa Bay Bucs-New Orleans Saints game will air on local TV

TAMPA – Who 'Dat going to be on local television this Sunday?

The Bucs announced that Sunday's game versus the New Orleans Saints at Raymond James Stadium will be televised locally on WTVT FOX 13 at 1 p.m. Dick Stockton and former Bucs safety John Lynch will call the game for FOX.

Tickets sales of general seats reached the 85 percent threshold by today's 72-hour deadline to avoid the NFL's local television blackout.

The Bucs failed to sell enough tickets to have their first three home games televised locally this year and 16 of their previous last 18 regular-season home games at the 65,908-seat RJS were blacked out.

"Everybody is excited about the future of the team,'' head coach Greg Schiano said. "Yet, you go in there and notice the stadium is not packed. ... We've got to get it back to that home field advantage where it's just deafening when you walk in there and the heat is beating down on you and the fans are beating down on you. So we're working on that. Obviously, we have to do out part, we have to win. It's going to be on TV. That means we're going to have a good crowd, and I'm excited about playing on Sunday.''

Only two nationally televised games against marquee opponents – the Indianapolis Colts and Dallas Cowboys – sold out a year ago. The Bucs will wear their throwback orange and white uniforms Sunday.

"We're pleased to have reached the 85% of general admission seats needed for local broadcast of this Sunday's game versus the New Orleans Saints, which leaves us with the remaining 15% of tickets available for this exciting divisional showdown," said Brian Ford, the Bucs' vice president of business administration.

In July, the Bucs became the first team to take advantage of the NFL's new offer to sell at least 85 percent of non-premium seats -- roughly 44,000 tickets – in order to lift the league's local television blackout.

The Bucs also reduced 80 percent of their general admission seats, starting at $30 for adults and $15 for children. Tickets beginning at $30 remain for Sunday's game.

The team also introduced half season ticket packages, a 12-month payment plan and in-stadium Wi-Fi to attract customers.

The Bucs (2-3) snapped a three-game losing streak Sunday beat the Kansas City Chiefs 38-10 before an announced crowd of 46,500 at RJS.

Single-game ticket sales for marquee opponents such as the Saints and Philadelphia Eagles have done well. The Bucs' will celebrate the 10-year anniversary of their Super Bowl XXXVII team against the Eagles Nov. 9.

Tampa Bay Bucs-New Orleans Saints game will air on local TV 10/18/12 [Last modified: Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:29pm]
Photo reprints | Article reprints

© 2017 Tampa Bay Times


Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

  1. Minors also a training ground for umpires with big-league dreams

    The Heater

    Umpire Tom Fornarola, 23, left, and Taylor Payne, 24, facing, talk before the start of the Gulf Coast League game between the New York Yankees and the Detroit Tigers at the Tigertown complex in Lakeland, Fla. on Wednesday, July 5, 2017.
  2. For starters: Souza not in lineup vs. Rangers



  3. Remember that famous Fred McGriff TV commercial? He's back, in a parody


    If you've ever seen Fred McGriff's TV commerical for Tom Emanski's Defensive Drills video it will always be fresh in your mind, with the deadpan delivery and famously ill-fitting cap.

  4. Fennelly: Is Charlie Strong the anti-Freeze?


    The Hugh Sleaze era at Ole Mess is over.

    Hugh Freeze resigned as head football coach Thursday to avoid being fired by Mississippi school officials. For those of you who had NCAA violations and investigations in the pool, you were wrong. Nor was it the defamation lawsuit filed against the school by former Rebels …

    FILE - In this Sept. 5, 2016, file photo, Mississippi coach Hugh Freeze pauses during a timeout in the team's NCAA college football game against Florida State in Orlando, Fla. Freeze has resigned after five seasons, bringing a stunning end to a once-promising tenure. The school confirmed Freeze's resignation in a release Thursday night. Assistant Matt Luke has been named the interim coach. (AP Photo/John Raoux, File) NY176
  5. Rowdies part of a record-setting season for USL attendance


    ST. PETERSBURG — Although Rowdies fans haven't had many recent opportunities to show out at Al Lang, the United Soccer League turnstiles keep turning at a record rate.

    A Rowdies fan waves flags ahead of the first half of the game between Tampa Bay Rowdies and Orlando City B at Al Lang Stadium in St. Petersburg, Fla. on Saturday, March 25, 2017.