So far, it has been a topsy-turvy season in which anything is possible. Now, even the favorites are wary. Largo and Countryside, two of the top three teams in last week's "Super seven" poll, lost for the first time this season. That leaves St. Petersburg as the only undefeated team in the county. The recap from Week 5:
1. St. Petersburg (5-0): The Green Devils could keep their undefeated streak going considering they only face one team with a winning record the rest of the way.
2. Lakewood (4-1): Quarterback Jermiel Douse completes his first seven passes and Bernard Reedy puts on a show in big 31-20 win over Countryside.
3. Tarpon Springs (4-1): The Spongers take a big step toward being an elite program by handing Largo its first regular-season home loss in four years.
4. Largo (4-1): The Packers, who allowed two Tarpon backs to rush for more than 100 yards, clearly miss injured linebacker Sean Holte.
5. Countryside (4-1): For the first time this season, the Cougars fail to score more than 30 points in a game.
6. East Lake (3-2): After losing their first two games this season, the Eagles have taken a U-turn with three straight wins.
7. Boca Ciega (2-2): The Pirates survive a sluggish first half to beat upstart Pinellas Park for their second straight win.
|RB Daryl Copeland, Northeast||He had his breakout game this season with 113 yards and three touchdowns.|
|RB Darius Daniels, Tarpon Springs||He provided a nice second option in the team's running game with 126 yards and two scores against Largo.|
|RB Adrian Golden, Tarpon Springs||The Spongers' top back ran for 144 yards and one touchdown against the Packers.|
|RB Rashad Lewis, St. Petersburg||The Green Devils back had his best game of the season with 136 yards rushing and two scores.|
|RB Edwin McKinney, Osceola||The Warriors back ran for 139 yards and three touchdowns against Northeast.|
|WR Tyler Ostheim, Indian Rocks Christian||He hauled in five passes for 141 yards and four touchdowns in an easy win over Shorecrest.|
|RB Bernard Reedy, Lakewood||The Spartans' top playmaker had 106 yards rushing, 69 receiving and returned a kickoff 96 yards for a score against Countryside.|
|RB Alton Taylor, Countryside||The Cougars running back had 117 yards on the ground and scored once against Lakewood.|
|WR Jarvis West, Gibbs||He had three receptions for 103 yards and two TDs, and ran for a 30-yard TD.|
|RB Jamaal Wilburn, East Lake||He pounded Seminole with 155 yards rushing and two touchdowns.|
Offensive player of the week
QB Blake Farver, Indian Rocks Christian: The Golden Eagles took to the air and Farver responded with his biggest game of the year, throwing for 302 yards and five TDs in shutout over Shorecrest.
Defensive player of the week
LB Jeremiah George, Clearwater: The Tornadoes standout set the tone against Dixie Hollins by returning an interception for a touchdown. He also added a punt return for a touchdown.