1. Tarpon Springs (5-1): The Spongers are a little sluggish but still get the job done against Ridgewood.
2. Largo (5-1): The Packers defense keeps finding ways to produce key turnovers in district games.
3. Countryside (5-1): The Cougars dismantle Clearwater to set up big nondistrict showdown with Tarpon Springs.
4. St. Petersburg (5-1): The Green Devils commit four turnovers against Gibbs for their first loss.
5. Lakewood (4-2): The Spartans have lost two games against tough opponents at home.
6. East Lake (4-2): The Eagles keep cruising with fourth straight win after 0-2 start.
7. Gibbs (3-3): The Gladiators are the county's hottest team with three straight wins, including upset over St. Petersburg.
|Josh Burch, Admiral Farragut||Scored three ways — rushing, passing and kick return — in a 50-6 rout against Lake Wales Vanguard.|
|Daryl Copeland, Northeast||Copeland gained 163 yards on 10 carries with TD runs of 45 and 25 yards in a 48-0 win over Seminole.|
|Chris Culbreth, Northside Christian||Culbreth had a 37-yard TD run and found the end zone two other times in a 48-7 victory.|
|Jermiel Douse, Lakewood||His 77-yard kickoff return for a touchdown was the lone bright spot in the Spartans' loss to Jefferson.|
|Chris McKay, St. Petersburg Catholic||Quarterback threw TD passes of 57 and 18 yards, going 7-for-12 for 141 yards in a 40-10 win.|
|Tyler Ostheim, Indian Rocks Christian||Gained 125 yards on 23 carries and had a 90-yard kickoff return for a TD in a 21-14 loss to CCC.|
|Josh Rembert, Gibbs||Was 13-for-18 for 195 yards with three TD passes in 41-13 upset of previously unbeaten St. Petersburg.|
|Alton Taylor, Countryside||Taylor continued his scoring assault by adding three more rushing TDs in a 31-13 win against Clearwater to give him 19 on the season.|
|Jamaal Wilburn, East Lake||Wilburn had three touchdown runs and 127 of the Eagles' 171 rushing yards in a 27-7 rout of PHU.|
Offensive player of the week
Edwin McKinney, Osceola
The Warriors running back had one of the most prolific nights in county history with 384 yards rushing and four touchdowns. He also helped Osceola to a 29-20 victory over Blake, snapping the Warriors' 20-game losing streak that dated to 2007.
Defensive player of the week
Jamarious Boatwright, Largo
With the Packers clinging to a 14-7 lead against Leto, the defensive back scooped up a fumble and raced 76 yards for a touchdown to break open what had been a tight game.
Halloween is three weeks away, and the scariest thing in Pinellas is to be one of the top-ranked teams in the county. A week after Largo and Countryside suffered their first losses of the season, St. Petersburg became the latest victim to fall from the unbeaten ranks with a loss to Gibbs. Now, there are no teams left unscathed in Pinellas. A recap of Week 6: