After weeks of upsets in what has been a topsy-turvy season, things returned to normal with the usual suspects coming out on top. There were no big surprises as each of the Super Seven teams playing this week won. The recap for Week 8:
Chris Culbreth, Northside Christian: Had more than 14 yards a carry in a rout. Rushed 13 times for 191 yards and three touchdowns.
Darius Daniels, Tarpon Springs: Running back had 13 carries and 187 yards, opening the rout of Wiregrass Ranch with a 50-yard TD and later adding an 84-yarder for a score.
Myrick Gwyn, Largo: Averaged nearly 25 yards a reception against Boca Ciega after catching six passes for 147 yards.
D.J. Key, Largo: Found the end zone four times to rally Largo. He finished with 95 yards on 19 carries.
Tyler Ostheim, Indian Rocks Christian: Ran for 124 yards and one touchdown and also caught five passes for 51 yards, two scores.
Alton Taylor, Countryside: Scored at least four touchdowns in a game for the fourth time this season.
Dominique Thornton, Canterbury: Threw two passes, both touchdowns, and ran for a third. Had 133 yards passing and 47 rushing.
Hunter Tremaine, Shorecrest: Ran for 115 yards and three touchdowns on 15 carries against Bishop McLaughlin.
Cedric Williams, Dixie Hollins: Carried 36 times for 177 yards and a score in a losing effort against Blake.
DeJuan Wright, Keswick Christian: Broke off touchdown runs of 60 and 43 yards and gained 204 yards total on 24 carries.
Offensive player of the week
Jermiel Douse, Lakewood: The Spartans quarterback has brought an added dimension to the offense with his ability to scramble. Against Osceola, he had 112 yards and two touchdowns. He also had 67 yards passing and another two scores through the air.
Defensive player of the week
Patrick O'Brien, Clearwater Central Catholic: The Marauders were clinging to a 28-20 lead in the fourth quarter when O'Brien picked off a pass to thwart a scoring drive, returning the interception 75 yards for a touchdown. He also had another interception late in the game.
1. Largo (6-1): The Packers won their fifth straight district title by rallying in the second half to beat Boca Ciega.
2. Countryside (7-1): The Cougars wrapped up a playoff berth by exacting revenge with a victory over Palm Harbor University.
3. St. Petersburg (6-1): The Green Devils had the week off to prepare for a district showdown with Northeast.
4. Lakewood (5-2): The Spartans rebounded from the flu bug to beat Osceola.
5. East Lake (5-2): The Eagles play Countryside this week with a district title on the line.
6. Tarpon Springs (6-2): The Spongers secured a playoff berth with a win over Wiregrass Ranch.
7. Gibbs (4-3): The Gladiators won their fourth straight and are in good position to make the playoffs.