About the St. Pete Times Forum
Address: 401 Channelside Drive, Tampa
Seating capacity: 19,758 for hockey
Food/drink: Fans may not bring food and drink into the arena; concessions are available.
Bells and whistles: The Times Forum has a few new wrinkles, most notably new boards and glass around the ice. They replace — at a cost of $325,000, the team said — a system that dated to the building's opening.
• The new boards feature an upper lip with rounded plastic edges. The previous boards had squared edges, one of which in 2003 gashed the face of former defenseman Jassen Cullimore, who needed 70 stitches to close the wound.
• The glass features improved sight lines. Each pane is held by extrusions 8 feet apart, compared to 4 feet previously.
• The yellow kick plate at the bottom of the boards is now imbedded. Previously, the kick plate was an add-on and could cause unpredictable puck bounces.
• Two new Zambonis were purchased for a combined $170,000, the team said. The old Zambonis were from 1987 and 1994.
• Banners for each league team will hang from the rafters.
• Lightning graphics will decorate the front of the press box.
• More flat-screen televisions are in the concourses, which have been cleaned and painted. More recycling bins are throughout the building, and the floor of the main concourse has been ground down for a new floor to go in next summer. The upper-concourse floor also will be redone next summer.