tb-two* photo galleries
Just about everyone knows someone who has been bullied, in ways big and small. Understandably, though, many victims are reluctant to speak about their experiences. We found some who aren't.
BY SARA HORNING, St. Petersburg Collegiate High
***Spoiler alert, for people who are not caught up with the show.***
I have been watching Gossip Girl since I was a freshman, always excited for a new episode every Monday night. I told my parents that Gossip Girl isn’t just my favorite show, but my religion. But now as a senior, I feel merely obligated to watch Gossip Girl, rather than drawn to it by faith.
What used to be the lovable lines of Chuck Bass are now the cheesy ones that make me feel embarrassed to be watching. The relationships are tacky, the plot line is boring, and the script makes me feel like I’m watching General Hospital with my grandmother. (I do have to admit, though, the fashion is just as amazing as ever.)
One of the main problems with the sixth and final season is that they keep introducing new characters that aren’t even likable. Serena’s new boyfriend, Steven, and his daughter, Sage, just flat out annoy me. With only five episodes remaining, I was happy to see them leave the show, I hope for good.
Chuck and Blair used to be my favorite couple, but now have some stupid pact saying they can’t be together until they both “accomplish their life goals.”
Maybe I’ve grown up, or maybe Gossip Girl has really run itself into the ground. As a huge fan, it is upsetting to say I will not miss the show at the end of this season. After watching the first half of the season, the last episodes have a lot of making up to do to make the show worth my while again.
Hoping that Gossip Girl will get better, I came up with a list of things I would like to see happen these final episodes:
1. Serena and Blair need to just be friends again. The fighting is no longer entertaining.
2. Chuck and Blair need to drop their cheesy agreement of not being together. Everyone I know who watches the show loves Chuck and Blair; the whole pact idea is unrealistic and boring.
3. Steven and Sage need to leave the show permanently. From the episode she was introduced, I didn’t like Sage. But she isn’t a character you love to hate, like Dan’s sister Jenny.
4. Rufus and Ivy need to break up. It’s just creepy that they started dating in the first place; the age difference disturbs me too much.
5. Georgina should never have come back. Georgina had been a recurring character, and she should stay that way. This season she has been in every episode, which is four episodes too many.