We want to see your photos! Snap some Instagram pics of you or your friends showing your love for all things tb-two*, and tag them with #tb2andyou. The tagged pics will show up in the slideshow below, and the best ones will appear in print on Thursdays.
tb-two* photo galleries
Well, for one thing, it's the coolest high school newspaper in all the land. Watch our video and find out more.
Just about everyone knows someone who has been bullied, in ways big and small. Understandably, though, many victims are reluctant to speak about their experiences. We found some who aren't.
The most popular attraction of the Florida State Fair is the fare. Just what have they thought of to deep fry this year? Old favorites like chocolate-covered bacon, deep-fried Snickers and the Krispy Kreme cheeseburger are returning but there are some new curiosities this year:
• The pizza cone is a good example of what fairs seem to do best: Take something that’s already easy to eat on the move and make it cheesier and messier. The pizza crust is in the shape of an ice cream cone and filled with cheese, pepperoni, sausage and tomato sauce, all baked in an oven. You end up with a concoction not too easy to set down and there are visions of pizza sauce dripping out of the cone, but it’s still ingenious.
• Chicken and Cereal on a Stick sounds tame enough, but, wait, there’s more to it. You pick from one of four cereals: Cap’n Crunch, Peanut Butter Crunch, Rice Krispies or Honey Bunches of Oats. They pulverize the cereal to make a breading and flash fry the chicken on a stick and then drizzle it with peanut butter sauce or honey or (brace yourself) marshmallow goo for the Rice Krispies version.
• There are lots of burger ingenuity this year. There’s a Burger with the Redneck Attitude, which is topped with cheese, bacon, fried bologna, baked beans and a generous handful of potato sticks. The Philly Burger is like the signature steak sandwich except it’s chopped burger meat sauteed with mushrooms and onion then topped with provolone cheese before you add condiments (lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle). More pizza madness is found in the Burger Pisa, a burger topped with mozzarella cheese, Italian sauce, pepperoni, fresh basil and optional sauteed mushrooms and onion. And they go for fancy with the Uptown Burger, a fresh burger topped with mozzarella cheese, tomato, Italian sauce and fresh basil.
• Some new vendors this year include Two Asians and a Grill, offering Japanese style steak, chicken, and shrimp, and Carley’s Sea Side Grille, which will be grilling up shrimp, lobster and even filet mignon, anyway you want it. But it’s Walker Seafood, featuring alligator and shark meat that likely will get the most attention from food adventurists.
• Funnel cakes continue to be reinvented, this year adding flavors such as pumpkin spice and pineapple.