Who wants to pay $15 for a flower crown when it can be made at a fraction of the cost? Who wants to be fashionable this spring and not go broke? Any takers? If so, please read along to find how to make a unique flower crown perfect for spring for $5 or less.
What you will need:
• Artificial flowers
• Pliers (or something to cut the flowers with)
• Hot glue gun
• Hot glue sticks
• Newspaper (to work on)
• Plain elastic headbands
1. Gather materials.
2. Lay newspaper in designated area with plenty of space.
3. Plug the hot glue gun into a circuit, add a glue stick and wait for it to heat up.
4. Remove all flowers from their stems using pliers.
5. Set aside the extra elastic headbands and glue sticks until they're needed.
6. Choose the flowers for the crown by laying flowers on top of the headband to get glimpse of the desired look.
7. Lay the headband flat on the newspaper.
8. Place a dime-sized amount of glue on the center of the headband.
9. Pick the headband up and press the flower down onto the glue with your index finger and thumb for 30 seconds.
10. Remove excess glue and repeat the process around the entire headband, covering the surface of the band with flowers.
11. (optional step) Add leaves from the flowers to the inside of the crown to hide any imperfections in the alignment of the flowers or an excess of glue.
This DIY is easy right? Don't forget to submit a picture of your flower crown using #tbtwo to potentially become instafamous.