There will be a chorus of whining, but resistance is futile: Come this weekend, Santa is here.
Yes, it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but that doesn't stop the shopping mall industrial complex.
Most are waiting until mid November but some malls and attractions are getting started this weekend, so brace yourself.
Here's the lineup
• The Ice Palace at International Plaza has a 30-foot dome with a Peanuts Movie theme that opens Friday with snow and a light show. The Ice Palace will be open during mall hours daily Friday through Dec. 24. 2223 N West Shore Blvd., Tampa.
• Santa and Mrs. Claus will make their seasonal home in center court Friday at Westfield Town Center in Brandon at 10 a.m. through Dec. 24 at 459 Brandon Town Center Drive.
• Gulf View Square in Port Richey is kicking things off Saturday with Santa's grand arrival on a big red fire truck. Kids can enjoy a bounce house, a juggler, face painting, balloon art and a special goody bag from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the mall at 9409 U. S. 19 in Port Richey.
• Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party opens Sunday at Walt Disney World and continues on select nights through Dec. 18. The 7 p.m.-midnight after-hours Christmas celebration featuring a parade, the Holiday Wishes fireworks extravaganza, holiday characters and "snow" on Main Street. Tickets are $74-$82, $69-$77 children.
• Friday begins the last year for the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney's Hollywood Studios, running through Jan. 3 with millions of lights synchronized to holiday music that decorate the New York street scene of the theme park. It's included with daily admission, $97, $91 ages 3-9, 2 and younger free, and the park is open daily 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Santa arrives at Tyrone Square Mall, 6901 Tyrone Square, St. Petersburg, on Nov. 14.
• Santa's schedule in Hyde Park Village is select days, mostly weekends, starting Nov. 21 at a range of stores at 742 S Village Circle, Tampa.
• The Shops at Wiregrass has a brand new Symphony in Lights show this year with more than 250,000 LED lights choreographed to the Trans Siberian Orchestra and holiday favorites. The grand tree lighting ceremony is 5 p.m. Nov. 14 and ice skating will be available Nov. 13 through Jan. 3 at the mall at 28211 Paseo Drive, Wesley Chapel.
Contact Sharon Kennedy Wynne at email@example.com. Follow @SharonKWn.