PHCC INFO SESSION ON HEALTH PROGRAMS: Pasco-Hernando Community College will host an informational session about the college's health programs from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the North Campus, Room A-139, 11415 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Brooksville.
The session will include information about nursing programs, including those for registered nurses, practical nursing and nursing assistant, as well as emergency medical services and emergency medical technician programs. Also included will be information about technical programs, such as health unit coordinator, medical coder/biller, medical administrative specialist and phlebotomy.
Faculty members and advisers will be on hand to answer questions and provide information on prerequisite courses, testing and other admission requirements.
Seating is limited. Those wishing to attend are asked to RSVP to (352) 797-5010.
AARP DRIVER SAFETY PROGRAM: The following AARP Driver Safety Program classes will be offered in March.
The six-hour class costs $12 for AARP members and $14 for nonmembers (members must bring their AARP cards to class):
• 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 4 and 6, Oak Hill Hospital H2U Partner's Club, 11375 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill.
Call (352) 556-3050 to register.
• Noon to 3 p.m. March 12 and 14, Forest Oaks Lutheran Church, 8555 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill.
Call (352) 688-2486 to register.
• 9 a.m. to noon March 7 and 14, Holy Cross Lutheran Church, 6193 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
Call (352) 684-6348 to register.
• Noon to 3 p.m. March 18 and 19, Spring Hill Enrichment Center, Suite 105 in Spring Hill Regional Hospital Medical Arts Building, 10441 Quality Drive, Spring Hill.
Call (352) 556-3050 to register.
• 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 6 and 13, Brooksville Enrichment Center, Suite 120 in Brooksville Regional Hospital Medical Arts Building, 17222 Hospital Blvd., Brooksville.
Call (352) 796-7079 to register.
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 16 (one-day class), Brookridge Community Center, 8150 Hampton St., Brookridge.
Call (352) 666-4044 to register.
• 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. March 27 (one day class), Brooksville Enrichment Center, Suite 120, Brooksville Regional Hospital Medical Arts Building, 17222 Hospital Blvd., Brooksville.
Call (352) 683-6840 to register.
YOUTH ART PROGRAM: The Hernando County Public Library will offer an "Art Attack!" program from 5 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Lykes Memorial Library, 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville.
The program is geared for youth ages 6 to 12, who will learn about a famous artist, then make their own work of art, inspired by that artist. All materials and supplies will be provided, courtesy of the Hernando County Arts Council.
There is no cost to participate.
For information, call (352) 754-4043 or visit hernandocountylibrary.us.
HOSPITAL AUXILIARY NEEDS VOLUNTEERS: The volunteer auxiliary at Spring Hill Regional Hospital is accepting applications from new volunteers.
Three shifts are available: 8 a.m. to noon, noon to 4 p.m. and 4 to 8 p.m. There are openings in most departments, every day of the week.
Those interested are encouraged to stop by the lobby desk or the volunteer service office between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. weekdays.
The hospital is at 10461 Quality Drive, Spring Hill.
For information, call (352) 688-8200, ext. 6305.
DINNER FUNDRAISER FOR HOSPICE: The General Federation of Women's Clubs, Spring Hill Service League, will host a fundraiser dinner and dance from 5 to 9 p.m. March 9 at the Knights of Columbus Hall, 10470 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
A pasta dinner will be served. Tickets are $10. Proceeds will benefit HPH Hospice. For information or tickets, call Glenda Dry at (352) 686-1140 or Linda Brown (352) 683-6842.