SUNRISE SERVICE: The Ridge Manor Community Center's board of directors will host the 43rd annual Easter sunrise service at 7 a.m. March 31 at the center, 34240 Cortez Blvd., Ridge Manor.
Area churches will participate in the service. A continental breakfast will follow.
For information, call (352) 583-2556.
ENTER PLANTS IN HORTICULTURE SHOW AT COUNTY FAIR: Hernando County residents are invited to show off their prized plants at the horticulture show during the Hernando County Fair from April 5 to 13 at the Hernando County Fairgrounds, 6436 Broad St., Brooksville.
The contest is open to Hernando County adults as well as youth enrolled in a Hernando 4-H/FFA or school program.
Plants will be judged and ribbons awarded in each of the following categories: bromliads/orchids/air plants, cacti/succulents, bonsai, dish gardens/terrariums, foliage plants, woody ornamentals, African violets, hanging baskets, containerized flowering annuals and perennials, staghorn ferns, container grown vegetables, and 4-H/youth (ages 5 to 12 and 13 to 18).
All youth exhibitors must provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope with their entry form. All show exhibitors will receive a one-day pass to the fair at the exhibit drop-off.
Entries will only be accepted between 4 and 7 p.m. April 4. Plants must remain on display during the fair and must be picked up between 1:30 and 4 p.m. April 14.
For information or complete rules, stop by the Hernando County Cooperative Extension Service at 1653 Blaise Drive or call (352) 754-4433.
FASHION EVENT BENEFITS GUARDIAN AD LITEM: The Hernando County Guardian Ad Litem Program and Fine Lines Boutique will host "Put the Magic in Your Closet," a fashion extravaganza, from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 6 at the Palace Grand, 275 Della Court, Spring Hill.
Models will stroll the runway wearing designer clothing, from casual to elegant. Lunch will be served, and musical entertainment will be provided by Carla Becker, Bobby Lewis Entertainment and DJ Willie Matos. More than 60 gifts will be raffled.
Tickets cost $30 and are available at Fine Lines Boutique, 5168 Mariner Blvd. No tickets will be sold at the door.
Proceeds will benefit the Hernando County Guardian Ad Litem Program, an organization of volunteers who advocate in court proceedings for children alleged to have been abused, abandoned or neglected. For information, visit guardianadlitem.org or call (352) 754-4226.
EASTER EGG HUNTS: Egg hunts are planned for area children:
• The Kiwanis Club of Brooksville will have its annual Easter egg hunt from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at Tom Varn Park, 306 Darby Lane, Brooksville. The hunt starts promptly at 10 a.m.
There will be games, prizes and free hot dogs and drinks.
For information, contact Pat Crowley at (352) 796-0697 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A Spring Egg-stravaganza will be from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday at First United Methodist Church, 9344 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
The event includes an Easter egg hunt, pony rides, health screenings and a ministry fair.
For information, call (352) 683-2605.
• The Spring Hill Garden Club will host an Easter egg hunt at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Nature Coast Botanical Gardens, 1489 Parker Ave., Spring Hill.
Children ages 10 and younger are invited to participate. The cost is $1. Children will be divided into three age groups, with each group having a designated garden to search. Participants should bring a basket or container for their eggs.
The Easter Bunny will be on hand, and a balloon artist will entertain.
Money raised will go toward maintenance of the Spring Hill waterfall entrance. For information, call (352) 683-9933 or visit naturecoastgardens.com.
• The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce invites children ages 3 to 12 to an Easter egg hunt from 11 a.m. to noon March 30 at the Hernando Marketplace event at Anderson Snow Park, 1360 Anderson Snow Road, Spring Hill. After the hunt, children can play in the Kids Zone, which will have more than 18 vendors with activities, including face painting and balloon art. Smokey the Bear, Princess Belle, Froyo the Cat and the Chick-fil-A cow will be in attendance. The marketplace will be from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Admission is free.
For information, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• The Kiwanis Club of Weeki Wachee will host an Easter egg hunt from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 30 at IHOP, 3636 Commercial Way, Spring Hill.
Also, 15 percent of sales at the restaurant will benefit Kiwanis projects in the community. For information, call (352) 683-5525.
• An Easter Funday Easter Egg Hunt Eggstravaganza will be at 9 a.m. March 30 at Grace World Outreach Church, 20366 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. There will also be a yard sale and carwash.
For information, call (352) 796-3685.
ROARING '20S BENEFIT: The Arc Nature Coast is seeking sponsors and selling tickets for its Flapper Dapper Hurricane Hoopla from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. April 20 at the Arc's Education Center and Regional Evacuation Center, 6495 Mariner Blvd., Spring Hill.
Sponsorships range from $250 to $5,000 and include benefits such as tickets and promotional opportunities in a variety of marketing materials and at community events.
Donations of raffle items and in-kind contributions are also needed. The event is open to the public, but a limited number of tickets will be sold. The cost is $35 each.
For information, tickets or sponsorships, contact Nancy Stubbs at (352) 544-2322, ext. 109. Visit thearc-naturecoast.org.