DADE CITY — The 66th annual Pasco County Fair is a chance for residents to show off their stuff. Whether you want to offer some baked delights, showcase your photography or strut across the pageant stage, now's the time to get your application together.
Registration deadlines for various fair events are as follows:
• Friday is the deadline to enter the Pasco County Fair Parade. The parade will kick off at 1 p.m. Monday in Dade City. A trophy will be awarded to the unit that best depicts the theme "Sow It, Grow It & Show It," and other prizes will be given in various categories. Entry is free. The parade will start at Rodney B. Cox Elementary School, traveling east on Dr. Martin Luther King Boulevard, south on Seventh Street, and west on Florida Avenue before ending at Pasco Elementary School.
• Friday is the deadline to enter the Miss Pasco County Pageant, to be held Feb. 23 in conjunction with the Pasco County Fair. The pageant is open to young women ages 17 through 24 living in Pasco County, as well as the surrounding counties. Two titles will be awarded: Miss Pasco County and Miss Pasco County Fair. The pageant is an affiliate of the Miss America Pageant Scholarship Program and winners will advance to the Miss Florida Pageant in July. There is no entry fee, but each contestant is required to raise $100 for the Children's Miracle Network before the pageant dress rehearsal on Sunday.
• Pasco County youth can enter their homemade and handmade works at the Youth Exhibits between 1 and 4 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to noon Saturday. Baked goods should be entered on Saturday. Participants may exhibit only one item in each class of a category but may enter all classes. Prizes will be awarded.
• Artists of all ages may enter works in the Pasco County Fair between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. and noon Saturday. No preregistration is required. Late entries will be exempt from judging. The exhibit is open to visual arts and real crafts created within the past two years by residents or students of Pasco County. Limit of five entries per exhibitor. Entry fees are $10 per entry for professionals, $5 per entry for nonprofessional adult artists; no fee for students from kindergarten to grade 12. Judging will be on Sunday. Professional artists can include prices on their works but purchases made during the fair must remain on display until the end of the show at 7 p.m. Feb. 24.
• Sunday is the deadline to enter the Miss Pasco Princess and Mister Pasco Prince Pageant to be held Feb. 24. The pageant, formerly called the Baby Pageant, is open to boys and girls from newborns through 5 years old. Their parents must have lived in Pasco County for at least six months prior to the pageant date. Contestants will be judged on personality, natural beauty and overall appearance. Registration is limited to the first 25 boys and 25 girls in each age group. The entry fee is $35 and two cans of food that will be donated to Suncoast Harvest Food Bank. Day-of-pageant registration will be accepted if there is space available in the age group for $45, plus two canned goods or $2 in lieu of food items.