COMMUNITY EXPO: To celebrate the grand opening of its new community center, Mid-Florida Community Services will host a ribbon-cutting ceremony and community expo from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today at 11245 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
The location is on the former Spring Hill campus of Pasco-Hernando Community College.
After the ceremony, there will be a showcase of services and programs offered by Mid-Florida. There will also be activities for children, including a bounce house and crafts, refreshments and a DJ. More than 25 gifts will be raffled throughout the day, including five $100 gift cards from Walmart and a 40-inch flat-screen TV donated by DEX Imaging.
For information, call (352) 796-1425 or visit mfcs.us.com.
SORORITY GARAGE SALE: Beta Sigma Phi Epsilon Epsilon will host a garage sale starting at 8 a.m. Feb. 23 in the SunTrust Bank parking lot at W Fort Dade Avenue and Orange Street in downtown Brooksville.
Fourteen families will be participating.
For information, call (352) 592-6889.
HHS CLASS OF '63 REUNION: The Hernando High School Class of 1963 will have its 50th reunion from 6 to 10 p.m. April 6 at the Brooksville Country Club at Majestic Oaks, 23446 Links Drive, Brooksville.
Other classes are welcome. Reservations are required.
For details and reservations, call Pam Kinnear Whitehead at (352) 596-9944.
PARENTS GET A NIGHT OUT: The Hernando County Family YMCA will offer a Valentine Parents' Night Out from 6 to 10 p.m. today at the Y, 1300 Mariner Blvd., Spring Hill.
Parents can drop off their children at the YMCA and have a night out. Children will receive dinner, a snack and Valentine's Day arts and crafts.
The cost is $15 for facility members and $20 for program members and nonmembers. For information, call the Y at (352) 688-9622.
PHCC ENCORE ACADEMY OFFERS ENRICHMENT WORKSHOPS: The Encore Academy at Pasco-Hernando Community College will offer a variety of enrichment workshops at its Spring Hill and North campuses during February.
The following workshops will be at the North Campus, 11415 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Brooksville:
• Astrology for Every Day, 6:45 to 8:45 p.m. Monday. Free.
• Basic Computers and Word Processing, 2:15 to 4:15 p.m. Tuesday. The cost is $12.
• Social Networking, 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday. The cost is $18.
• Eating Healthy, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. The cost is $12.
• Belly Dancing 101, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays, Feb. 13-27. The cost is $12 per class.
• Artists of Florida: The Highwaymen, 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Feb. 18. The cost is $12.
• Introduction to Microsoft Word, 2 to 5 p.m. Feb. 19. The cost is $18.
• Crocheting for the Beginner, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Feb. 22. The cost is $18.
• Basic File Management, 2:15 to 4:15 p.m. Feb. 26. The cost is $12.
• Writing a Research Paper, 6 to 9 p.m. Feb. 26. The cost is $18.
• Basic Skin Care, 10 a.m. to noon Feb. 27. The cost is $12.
• Personal Budgeting Made Simple, 2 to 4 p.m. Feb. 28. The cost is $12.
The following workshops will be offered at the Spring Hill Campus, 450 Beverly Court, Spring Hill:
• Microsoft Excel, 6 to 8 p.m. Monday. The cost is $12.
• Heal Your Life, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday and Feb. 20. The cost is $24.
• Economics, 1 to 4 p.m. Thursday. The cost is $18.
• Scanning and Storing Photographs, 1 to 3 p.m. Thursday and Feb. 21. The cost is $24.
• Microsoft PowerPoint, 6 to 8 p.m. Feb. 18. The cost is $12.
• Musical Theater, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Feb. 19 through March 5. The cost is $36.
• Microsoft Outlook, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 28. The cost is $12.
• Word Processing, 10 a.m. to noon Feb. 28. The cost is $12.
• How to Buy and Sell on eBay, 1 to 3 p.m. Thursdays, Feb. 28 and March 7. The cost is $14.
The Encore Academy is a service of PHCC that provides educational opportunities to adults 50 and older. The workshops are open to the community; membership in the academy is not required. Registration deadlines are two days prior to a workshop's date.
For information, call toll-free 1-877-879-7422 or visit phcc.edu/encore.
ZOO ANIMAL MANAGEMENT COURSE: The Florida International Teaching Zoo will offer a zoo animal management program starting in March. The course includes veterinary assistant certification.
The program will include academic lectures with hands-on experience with the teaching zoo animals.
Lectures will be from 4:30 to 9 p.m. Sundays and Mondays at the teaching zoo classroom in Bushnell.
Lab times will be a minimum of one day each week, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and there will be one weekend public tour day each month.
Graduates will receive certification from the zoo. Past graduates have found employment at zoos, wildlife parks, veterinary clinics, wildlife rescue facilities, circuses, and state wildlife and game departments.
Tuition is $1,000 per term (there are four terms) and is tax-deductible. Monthly payment plans may be arranged ($350 per month).
Class size is limited to 15 students, who must be 18 or older, in good health and free of any zoonotic diseases.
For information, call (352) 867-7788 and leave a message or send email to email@example.com. Visit the website at thezooschool.com.