WRITING GROUP FORMS IN BROOKSVILLE: The Hernando County Public Library System is starting up a Brooksville Writing Group. The group's first meeting will be from 10 a.m. to noon April 12 at Lykes Memorial Library, 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville.
Participants will give and receive constructive feedback on one another's writings. Those attending are encouraged to bring some of their work to share and to come ready to discuss the challenges and joys of writing.
The group plans to meet on the second and fourth Fridays of each month, same time and location. For information, call (352) 754-4043 or visit hernandocountylibrary.us.
GROWING CITRUS: A free class, "Growing and Caring for Citrus," will be offered at 10:30 a.m. April 3 at the Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
Urban horticulture agent Jim Moll will discuss how to grow and care for citrus trees. Participants will learn solutions to common citrus problems.
No registration required; seating is first-come, first-seated. For information, call (352) 754-4433 or visit extension.hernandocounty.us.
AARP DRIVER SAFETY PROGRAM: The following AARP Driver Safety Program classes will be offered in April. The six-hour class costs $12 for AARP members and $14 for nonmembers (members must bring their AARP cards to class):
• 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 3 and 10, Brooksville Enrichment Center, Suite 120, Medical Arts Building at Brooksville Regional Hospital, 17222 Hospital Blvd., west of Brooksville. Call (352) 796-7079 to register.
• 9 a.m. to noon April 4 and 11, Holy Cross Lutheran Church, 6193 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call (352) 596-9193 to register.
• 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 8 and 10, Oak Hill Hospital H2U Partner's Club, 11375 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. Call (352) 556-3050 to register.
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 20, Brookridge Clubhouse, 8150 Hampton St., Brookridge. Call (352) 666-4044 to register.
RELAY FOR LIFE FUNDRAISERS: The following fundraising events are planned to benefit the American Cancer Society's Brooksville Relay for Life:
• The Leopards for Life Team will host a spaghetti dinner at 5 p.m. Saturday at Faith Evangelical Presbyterian Church, 200 Mount Fair Ave., Brooksville. The cost is $5 per person.
• A Zumbathon will be from 1 to 3 p.m. April 6 at Gold's Gym, 20126 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. The event will be conducted by instructors Ty Cancel, Heather Olejniczak and Lori Rosario.
The cost is $10, payable to the American Cancer Society. For details, contact Lisa Stoessel at (813) 949-0291, ext. 5612, or [email protected]