NEW PORT RICHEY — Today marks the conclusion of the Native American Pow Wow and Festival at Sims Park, though the nine-day Chasco Fiesta remains in full swing through next weekend.
American Indian dance competitions, educational talks and authentic arts and crafts will be presented from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. today at Sims Park.
You can also check out the sweet rides at the Gulfside Corvette Club Car, Truck & Bike Show from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. today around Orange Lake. Or check out the carnival rides from 1 to 8 p.m. today, and continuing from 5 to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 5 to 11 p.m. Friday and wrapping up from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday (tickets or wristbands must be purchased for rides).
The live music will keep flowing from the Sims Park amphitheater stage as well. All of the concerts are free except for the Country Concert on Saturday. The lineup for the coming week includes:
• Classic Rock from 1-9 p.m. today, featuring China Grove Band with Shawn Paige Band, Time Bandits and Sunset Rebels.
• Youth Music Showcase from 5-9 p.m. Monday, featuring local school and youth performers.
• Bluegrass Music in the Park from 6-10 p.m. Tuesday, featuring Mean Mary.
• A Grateful Nation from 6-10 p.m. Wednesday, featuring Confederate Railroad, Jennifer Lee and Nevaeh Peek.
• Blues Masters from 6:30-10 p.m. Thursday, featuring Southern Hospitality with Julie Black.
• Friendly Kia True Oldies Night from 6:30 to 11 p.m. Friday, featuring the Black Honkeys with '60s Groove.
• Chasco Fiesta Country Concert on Saturday, featuring Randy Houser with the Henningsens and the Desert Rain Band. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are $10-$20 in advance, $15-25 at the gate. Visit chascofiesta.com for tickets or more information.