Ringing in 2014: The following New Year's Eve celebrations are planned for Tuesday:
• New Year's Eve Gala at the Palace Grand, 7:30 p.m., 275 Della Court, Spring Hill. Includes live entertainment by Tommy Mara, hors d'oeuvres, dinner, a champagne toast, a balloon drop at midnight and a continental breakfast. Tickets are $79.95. Call (352) 688-3390 or visit palacegrand.com.
• New Year's Eve Party at Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane, Spring Hill. Appetizers at 7 p.m., dinner buffet at 8 p.m. (entrees include chicken Epinard, haddock and prime rib) and a champagne toast at midnight, followed by a continental breakfast. Matthew McGee will be the opening act of the show; the main act is Cover to Cover. Black tie optional. Tickets are $75 plus tax; gratuity not included. Purchase tickets at the club or call (352) 799-4653.
• New Year's Eve Celebration with Latin-American Civic and Cultural Association, 8 p.m., Suncoast Dance and Party Center, 13383 County Line Road, Spring Hill. Music provided by DJ Willie Matos. Bring your own beverages. Proper attire required. Tickets are $15 for members, $20 for nonmembers. Call (352) 340-5066 or (352) 666-6848.
• High Point New Year's Eve Dance. Doors open at 8:30 p.m., music by Two Fold starts at 9 p.m., High Point Community Center, 12249 Club House Road, High Point. Tickets are $15 and include coffee, ice and noisemakers. Advance ticket sales only; no tickets will be sold at the door. Call (352) 596-6006.
• New Year's Eve party at Brooksville Elks Lodge 2582, 14494 Cortez Blvd., west of Brooksville. Open bar at 6:30 p.m., dinner at 7:30 p.m. and entertainment by Fantastic Sounds from 8 p.m. to midnight. Dress is semiformal. There will be a toast at 11 p.m.; champagne, coffee and pastries will be served at midnight. Tickets are $55 per person. RSVP by Friday. Call (352) 596-2582.
• New Year's Eve Celebration at the Aripeka Elks, 9135 Denton Ave., Hudson. Open bar at 7 p.m., prime rib dinner at 8 p.m. and breakfast at 1 a.m. Music provided by Marty and the Nice Guys, as well as the Tijuana Two. Tickets are $55 per person. Call (727) 868-2994.
Luminous holiday: Celebration of Lights wraps up with an after-Christmas party from 5:30 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park, 4150 S Suncoast Blvd., Homosassa. The party is hosted by Joe Dube, with special performances by Elvis (Bill Lindsey). The park is full of Christmas decorations and of lights synchronized to music. Refreshments available. Transportation by tram provided from the visitor center on U.S. 19. Admission is $3, $1 for ages 6 to 12 and free for ages 5 and younger. Call (352) 628-5343 or visit floridastateparks.org/homosassasprings .
Spirit of the season: White Christmas, a romantic musical comedy featuring Irving Berlin songs and dance numbers, continues with matinees and evening performances through Saturday at the Show Palace Dinner Theatre, 16128 U.S. 19, Hudson. $49.50 for dinner and show; $38.45 show only; ages 11 and younger, $24.95 and $19.95, plus tax and tip. Call (727) 863-7949 or visit showpalace.net.
Monkey see, monkey do: The Florida International Teaching Zoo is open from noon to 4 p.m. Saturdays at SW 52nd Terrace, Bushnell. There have been new additions to the zoo, including Lex, an African patas monkey. The zoo currently has the largest group of North American patas monkeys in captivity. There are also black jaguars, hyenas, ne'ne' geese, squirrel and colobus monkeys, and a variety of other rare species. Feeding times for hyenas and tigers start at 3 p.m. For information, visit the zoo's Facebook page or call (352) 867-7788.