Before heading to downtown Tampa this weekend for College Football Playoff parties and concerts, some rules to know before you go.
Leave it home
The list of prohibited items in Curtis Hixon Park include:
• Bags larger than 12 by 12 inches. Limit one per person. All bags will be searched.
• Coolers or outside cans and bottles.
• Folding chairs or blankets. Space will be too tight to spread out a blanket.
• Bicycles, roller skates, skateboards, scooters or any other self-propelled device.
• Laser pointers.
• Pets, except service animals.
• Flags or banners with poles. No signs of any kind.
• Shopping carts.
• Firearms, explosives, knives or any weapons.
For the complete list of forbidden items, see tampabay2017.com/tips.
The city of Tampa will send text updates of road closures or other news. To sign up, text the word "CFBPlayoff" to 888777.
Follow @CityofTampa and @CFBPlayoff on Twitter and the hashtags #tampabay2017 and #CFBplayoff. Follow Tampa Bay Times coverage at tbtim.es/roadtotampa.
YourMoji created more than 60 football-related emojis for the game that fans can use. Through the YourMoji app, the free keyboard is available to Apple and Android users.
You can find a map of Tampa parking garages and ways to pay for parking with your smartphone at tampagov.net/parking. To find streetcar, bus and trolley schedules at gohart.org.
Crowded events cause extra traffic for cellphone networks, which drains batteries fast. Bring a portable phone charger or one that plugs into the wall if you can find an outlet.
Contact Sharon Kennedy Wynne at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow @SharonKWn.