Skip getting another tie or bucket of golf balls for Dad. Here are some places around town offering ways to spend time together.
• Dad Eats Free at the GameTime arcade in Ybor City with the purchase of an entree, appetizer or kids meal. 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Sunday at 1600 E Eighth Ave., Tampa. (813) 241-9675.
• Dinosaur World is offering free admission for dads 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday with one paid child's admission. $16.95, $14.95 seniors, $11.95 ages 3-12, 2 and younger free. 5145 Harvey Tew Road, Plant City. (813) 717-9865.
• MOSI lets fathers tour the museum for free 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday-Sunday with a full-priced general admission child's ticket. $26.95, $25.95 seniors, $20.95 ages 3-12; 2 and younger free. 4801 E Fowler Ave., Tampa. (813) 987-6000.
• Tampa Bay History Center has free admission for dads with one paid adult admission ($12.95, $10.95 seniors) 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday, and kids can make him gifts in the arts and crafts area. 801 Old Water St., Tampa. (813) 228-0097.
• The Chihuly Collection in St. Petersburg is letting dads in for free Saturday and Sunday with a paid admission. In addition to the stunning permanent collection of Dale Chihuly's glass art, a special exhibition is on display. Solas: Light Informs Glass features work from three internationally recognized artists, Richard Royal, Paula Stokes and Eric Mead. Solas is Gaelic for light, and the three artists all create sculptures with light in mind. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. $19.95, $17.95 seniors 65 and older, $12.95 students, 5 and under free.
• The Tampa Museum of Art is also offering fathers free admission, Sunday only. They will also receive a 10 percent discount at the museum store and complimentary beverage selections at Sono Cafe. Currently on display are The Classical World in Focus: Animals in Ancient Art; Florida Images: Landscape Photography from the Permanent Collection and James Rosenquist: In Memoriam. The latter two close the following week, so it's a good time to catch them. 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. $15; $7.50 seniors, military and educators, $5 students and children 6 and younger free. tampamuseum.org.
• The St. Pete Pig and Swig Fest is a pork lover's dream. The food truck rally 6-9 p.m. Friday at the Port of St. Petersburg will have bacon- and barbecue-inspired dishes, music and karaoke by DJ Paul, life-size Jenga and cornhole. 250 Eighth Ave. SE.
• Dad gets free admission 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday at the Great Explorations Children's Museum and kids can visit gift making stations to decorate a puzzle, make guy granola and create a shirt and tie card. $10, $9 seniors, one and younger free. 1925 Fourth St. N, St. Petersburg. (727) 821-8992. .
Daddy and Daughter Dance: Fathers and their little princesses can dance to mixed music by the Carrollwood Juke Box Big Band. $12-$18, daughters free. Carrollwood Cultural Center, 4537 Lowell Road, Tampa. (813) 269-1310. 6 p.m. Sunday.
Father's Day Brunch and Dinner Cruise: Dad can enjoy a buffet fit for a king while cruising the waters of Tampa Bay on this open water brunch or dinner cruise with reserved tables, DJ music and three free premium drinks for Dad. Also sets sail from the Yacht Starship Clearwater dock. $49.95, $29.95 children (brunch); $59.95, $29.95 children (dinner). Yacht StarShip, 603 Channelside Drive, Tampa. (813) 223-7999. 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday, 6-9 p.m. Sunday.
Father's Day Celebration: Say "My Dad Rocks" at this party with music and refreshments. Free. Brandon Senior Center and Davis Park, 612 N Parsons Ave., Brandon. (813) 635-8066. 1 p.m. Friday.
Father's Day Craft: Kids are invited to make a free gift for their father. Free. East Lake Community Library, 4125 East Lake Road S, Palm Harbor. (727) 773-2665. 2-3 p.m. Friday.
Father's Day Dance: Western wear suggested for this "Hoedown Throwdown" dance party. Free. Ruskin Senior Center, 905 Sixth St. SE, Ruskin. 12:30 p.m. Friday.
Father's Day Feast: Your family will enjoy a combination table side and buffet-style meal with unobstructed views of the Serengeti Plain. $39, $19 ages 3-9, 2 and younger free. Park admission required. $99, $79 for ages 3-9. Busch Gardens, 10165 N McKinley Drive, Tampa. Toll-free 1-888-800-5447. 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Sunday.
Father's Day Recognition: Families can bring Dad to the pool for free admission, free hot dogs, "shark" fishing for kids and a Big Squirt contest. Free with paid child admission. Highland Recreation Complex and Family Aquatic Center, 400 Highland Ave. NE, Largo. (727) 518-3018. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday.
Father's Day Social: Everybody wears a tie to this social paying tribute to "Dad." Free. Lutz Senior Center, 112 First Ave. NW, Lutz. (813) 264-3803. 1 p.m. Friday.
Father's Day on a Train: Treat Dad to a night on a train so he can attempt to solve the murder mystery It's My Funeral, in which a gumshoe has to solve his own murder. $79.95. Seminole Gulf Railway/Colonial Station, 2805 Colonial Blvd., Fort Myers. 1-800-736-4853. 5:30 p.m. Sunday.
Kelly A. Stefani contributed to this report.