Have leftover turkey from Thanksgiving? This recipe is a great way to use it up. You can also sub in cooked chicken to make it year-round.
Cranberry Pecan Turkey Salad
- 3 cups cooked shredded turkey
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup diced apple chunks, any kind
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or more Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup fresh finely diced parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dinner rolls
- Combine everything together in a large bowl. Stir until mixed thoroughly. Refrigerate for a few hours so the flavors have time to blend.
- Serve the salad on the dinner rolls, or scoop a spoonful on top of a bed of spinach or Romaine lettuce. Keep refrigerated. Makes about 6 cups of turkey salad. Serves 6-8.