Steak Salad with Sweet Potatoes
- 12 ounces sirloin steak
- 4 ounces arugula
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 ounces grape tomatoes
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Wash and dry all produce. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Halve the tomatoes, and cut the sweet potato into wedges. Strip the rosemary off the stems and roughly chop the leaves so you have about 1 heaping teaspoon. Smash the garlic cloves with the side of a knife.
- Toss the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet with the garlic, rosemary, a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Place in the oven for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette for your salad. In a small owl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon oregano. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season the steak on all sides with salt and pepper. Add the steak to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until browned. Transfer the steak to the baking sheet in the oven to finish cooking for 5-7 minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness. When the steak is done, remove from over to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the vinaigrette and the tomatoes to the same pan you used for the steak. Let them cool slightly with the residual heat from the pan.
- Once the steak has rested, slice it thinly against the grain. Mound the arugula on a plate and top it with the steak. Scatter the rosemary sweet potato wedges around the salad, then drizzle with warm tomatoes and vinaigrette. Serves 2.
Source: Hello Fresh