Busch Gardens has set a deadline of April 30 for its 2017 Fun Card deal that includes a free pass to the Adventure Island water park.
At buschgardenstampa.com, you can buy a 2017 Fun Card, which allows unlimited admission to the Tampa theme park through Dec. 31, for $99 and get a free pass to the adjacent water park, open through October. The Fun Card doesn't include free parking and discounts on food and shopping that come with park's annual pass, which costs $168 for a full year from the date of purchase.
Some events coming up this year that will be included with Fun Card admission include:
• The Busch Gardens Food & Wine Festival: In its final two weekends, it has an array of special dishes for sale in kiosks around the park, plus craft beers and wine. Concerts remaining include Latin vocalist Gilberto Santa Rosa on Saturday and Lynyrd Skynyrd on Sunday. April 29 features a lineup of Latin stars: Bachata Heightz, Puerto Rican singer-songwriter Justin Quiles and Milly Quezada, the "Queen of Merengue." April 30 brings tribute bands performing the best of Jimmy Buffett, Queen, Bon Jovi and Prince.
• Sesame Street Safari of Fun Kids: May 6-7 and May 13-14, kids will find animal encounters, parades, dance parties and Sesame Street characters. The first weekend will feature fun activities inspired by Cookie Monster and the second weekend will include a scavenger hunt for Ernie's Rubber Duckie.
• Jack Hanna: On May 27-28, "Jungle Jack" will be in the park with wild animal shows, autograph signings and special meet-and-greets.
• Summer Nights: Select dates June 16-Aug. 6, Busch Gardens' summer dance parties will have themed party zones throughout the park, new entertainment and a lineup of summer cuisine.
• Island Nights: The island-style sunset celebration at Adventure Island occurs every Thursday through Saturday nights June 16-Aug. 6, with extended park hours and tropical entertainment.
• Sesame Street Safari of Fun "Halloween" Kids: Running weekends Oct. 7-29 the uniquely themed weekends for kids include arts and crafts, trick-or-treat candy stations, hay bale maze and more.
• Christmas Town: Open select dates Nov. 24-Dec. 31, the park transforms into a holiday land of Christmas entertainment and attractions, holiday shopping, treats and more than 2 million twinkling lights.
Contact Sharon Kennedy Wynne at [email protected] Follow @SharonKWn.